Energizer 2450Mah

coldfish

For anyone still interested, these cells have worked longer and held charge better than anything Ive used so far in my GP2X.

Ive become a bit of a AA NiMH collector and tried lots of different makes and capacities in my search for the one (two) cell(s) to rule them all.

These are the the newer generation of "ready to use" NiMH cells which hold charge longer on the shelf but have a lower capacity than the Duracell 2650mAh I was using. The 2650's would run themselves down over a couple of days but these are good for weeks so even though they have a lower initial capacity, after a few days they have retained more charge and hence last longer.

Very good if you use your GP2X in 1/2-1hr stints like I tend to.

Good to hear. I have been using the old yellow everready 650mah batteries because they hold their charge far better than the high cap nimh's. I plan on replacing them with either the pre-charged version you speak of or the zinc rechargeables that have 1.6v (instead of the 1.2 of nicd and nimh). Does anyone have experience with these new Zinc rechargeable batteries?

Ive seen the 1.6V zinc cells on the net but cant find anywhere that stocks in Aus. Sent an email to the manufacturer 6months ago, and they dont yet make a Aus charger but said they will be exporting in the "near future".

If you do get a set,I'd be interested to see how they go as 1.6v x 2 (3.2v) should work well with the GP2X which wants ~3.2v-ish iirc, better than 1.2-1.4v of NiMH anyway.

I've been using these (Energiser 2450) for a while now. They are indeed very good. However, I've been using UNIROSS 2500's for a couple of years now and they are fantastic - they hold charge for ages (and are still good to go, having had very heavy usage at times over two years). I use/used them for everything; Wii, XBox, tv remote controls, torches etc. Unfortunately my local stores no longer stock them, so I had to switch to another brand (Energiser).

I have some Uniross "hybrio" 2100mAh which are very good and inexpensive too. Use them in my Xbox controllers.

So far Ive tried: INCA 2700, Uniross 2100*, Varta 2100*, Duracell 2650 and Energizer 2450*.
*long life technology. All charged with a slow charger.

Back