Release Endgame: Singularity

_wb_

Microbe
Staff member
Just uploaded this nice little game to the repo. It was absolutely trivial to get it to work, no effort whatsoever from me.

I'm trying this game, and I can't play in Italian... I mean the language is there, the labels changes, I've seen the starting AI messages in Italian, but the MENU keeps appearing even if I constantly close it... I tried even using the ESC key, but it still reopen itself after a second...

If I put the game in US language this problem isn't there, but if is possible I prefere to play in italian...

Anyway thanks, seems like a game for me ;)

Hm, I'm trying to play the game, but it does not want to start. I'm on firmware 1.60.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hm, I'm trying to play the game, but it does not want to start. I'm on firmware 1.60.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You need to specify better what problems happen, I just tried it on 1.60 and works without problems

Well, that's the thing, nothing happens. I try to launch the game, it reads the SD card & then nothing.

I use graphics driver 4.03.02 (I also tried with 4.10) & use XFCE (also tried Minimenu).

here is the pndrun_singularity.out

What is NumPy ?

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/GAMES/pandora/menu/singularity.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/GAMES/pandora/appdata/singularity
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : Endgame_Linux
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/singularity"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/GAMES/pandora/appdata/singularity=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/singularity=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/singularity"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( Endgame_Linux  ) ----------
Endgame: Singularity requires NumPy.
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( Endgame_Linux  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/singularity': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

Sounds like another breakage caused by python upgrade that some people wanted so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
NumPy is a python package for scientific computing. It ought not to be troubled by having a slightly more modern python, though.

Yes, but it's not included by default in any standard Python distribution that I'm aware of (perhaps ActivePython, I've not checked). The question is what led to it being included in the old firmware?

IMO, this is a very good game. Perhaps this Python breakage (annoying as it is) is a good time for an update:)

It's not clear whether the update is needed to the game, to include the NumPy package, or to update the OS to bring the updated Python install more into line with what we had before (by including NumPy).

Was NumPy included in the previous Python install, or does the pnd have a by now outdated version of NumPy included?

I just updated, complete with reboot. Singularity has no problems for me. I have not updated Singularity since I downloaded it last month.

MyPaint had problems but I noticed it had an update on the repo which solved that problem.

How did ldaneels get to 1.60? Was it a full flash or an update?

Works for me, too (had already updated before). Sorry for not testing earlier. But it really is a great game :)

So obviously something missing from the full flash that isn't removed in the update. Could just be something EvilDragon missed creating the package because there doesn't seem to be a technical reason not to include it, it works perfectly.

Back