Emulation Benchmarks?

SoleGrave

I know its early and some optimizations are still developing but are there any current specs? I assume some games demand more than others.

Mega Drive/Gunstar Heroes or Virtua Racing = ?? fps

SNES/Star Fox or Killer Instinct = ?? fps

I read that PSX runs fine but I wonder if G-Darius runs at full speed?

I know N64 is still dev'ing and is about 15fps for Ocarina Of Time (I think)

Amigo Bandito Crujiente said:
I heard a solid 25 frames for OoT, with sound.

Searchan, brb

I don't know if you're joking or what but whatever it is don't do it ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Amigo Bandito Crujiente said:
I heard a solid 25 frames for OoT, with sound.

Searchan, brb
Then you woke up...

he only said frames, never anything about a time frame, so technically he is not incorrect....the pandora can easily get 25 frames with any dreamcast game as well

I usually don't go for this kind of request, but it would be interesting to see how well Star Fox runs, even at an early stage.

GunPei2X said:
I usually don't go for this kind of request, but it would be interesting to see how well Star Fox runs, even at an early stage.

hum, Fox don't run, he fly in a great looking spaceship

Elwing said:
GunPei2X said:

hum, Fox don't run, he fly in a great looking spaceship

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!:

but srsly, thats how he rolls, he doesnt fly ;)

seconding a video of lylatwars aka starfox

What I have seen here are some titles like Lightning Force 4 (mega drive). Dont know the fps though. On my rig, Gunstar Heroes chugs in Kega Fusion at about 50fps in windows. I want the pandora to stuff that. PSX stuff was quoted at about 112fps for Final Fantasy 7 but that was FF7. I want to see the fireworks that G-Darius puts out. Star Fox is a little jittery in certain areas for me. Sigh... . . .

Well i know picodrive is fullspeed @ 200Mhz if that helps any. psx emulation is also fullspeed. http://pandorawiki.org/PSX4Pandora
look here http://pandorawiki.org/Projects_Under_Development#Emulators unfortunately only 3 have links for more info, guess you'll have to follow the links and read the threads ;)

MWeston said:
Full speed at 600MHz in some tough games and not even touching the 3D hardware yet.

Got the boards running stable at 900Mhz (925 on some) and hit 200fps in FF7 once!
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/41917-playstation-emulation/page__view__findpost__p__606869

I am most interested in learning how well SNES emulation runs. The other thing I am curious about is what emulator is going to be used for SNES emulation. Would mainline Snes9x run well on the Pandora or would it need optimizations to run fullspeed? There are so many different forks of snes9x its unclear what the best starting point would be for SNES emulation on the Pandora.

Pocketsnes was the main choice on the GP2X, and while it worked quite well, there were some regressions in later releases particularly with the sound, and also performance dropped with some games. Some games like Yoshi's Island I don't think ever worked and Star Fox was too slow to play.

With Pandora's more powerful hardware is it going to be possible to run these troublesome games full speed?

GizmoTheGreen said:
seconding a video of lylatwars aka starfox
Lylat Wars is not Star Fox - Lylat Wars is Star Fox 64's PAL name. If you're in a PAL region, Star Fox is Starwing. ;)

But that said, I second that, too. Star Fox is one of my all-time favourite SNES games.
grin.gif
(I won't ask about any others, namely all of the Mega Man titles, as I'm certain they'll run fine. :lol: )

Attachments

• grin.gif
    grin.gif
    352 bytes · Views: 114
Yes! The original survival horror classic!

Grannys_Garden_Screenshot.png

Beware, Pandorians, the witch will send you home at once!

Attachments

• Grannys_Garden_Screenshot.png
    Grannys_Garden_Screenshot.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 91
Haaa check those graphics! I think I used to play on a BBC console my mate had when I was very young, a snowman skiing game, with best graphics like that witch there.

Is there a list of what it can definately emu even if it's not perfect in terms of fps, just that will still be playable?
My understanding is amiga/nes/snes/megadrive/n64/turbograffx/neogeo/ps1/segaCD
... So I'm guessing it can run gb/gba/atari2600 as well being lower spec, even though I've not read or seen vids mention these

is that right?

Prometheus said:
Beware, Pandorians, the witch will send you home at once!
Confirmed: Pandora features teleportation to a single preset destination.

so um... about that snes emulator... how much we looking at without frameskip.... 30, 50, 60, 200, 2 billion? Anyone with firsthand knowledge with begalboard or pandora try out snes9x???

Nothing fancy, just mario or zelda or some random game other than starfox, mariorpg or something... I'm pretty curious

EDIT: opps... I meant fps... in case anyone was wondering.

Back