GP2X Emulated Arm Linux Development Enviroment

Parkydr

Developing for the GP2X since 2006
Website
www.parkydr.ezeedsl.co.uk
Has anyone tried this?

I'm having problems cross-compiling things like GTK and OpenMotif, so native compiling would be a way around this.

I've already found that I can run some of my X based GP2X programs on my PC with qemu-arm :)

I doubt that you play compiled Bins for GP2X under a ARM VM.

I bet you cannot get GTk and Motif compiled cause they are related to X. so, the question is, what are you trying to program/port. Do you really need GTK and Motif ? Try to get rid of these dependencies.

Good luck

I wasn't particularly thinking of running GP2X apps, there's no gpio etc, I just meant for compiling for the GP2X without having to cross compile.

GP2Xpdf and 2Xrally use lesstif, which is ok but not a full motif implementation and there are a number of apps such as comic and ebook readers that use GTK.

I don't want to have to rewrite a complete user interface when existing toolkits can be used with the X server.

I'm going to try it anyway. If it works out expect some libraries and maybe a qemu image in the archive.

I did try it some time ago. Used it to compile BasiliskII which had a part which required a program to be compiled which then generated the code for the CPU emulation.
If you install it on an external drive, you can even chroot to it on a GP2X provided you copy overwrite with the GP2X libs.

Back