Emuholic's Game Blog Now Open

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Hope it is not too off topic :) In between the occasional bit of coding I started a new Emuholic/Emuboards sister website dedicated to mainly to Xbox 360 stuff. It only opened earlier this week but you can already find a couple of reviews, my impressions of the forthcoming 360 Dashboard Update, Indie Gaming news and finally various games news. I have loads of content planned for the coming weeks so please check out the site at http://games.emuboards.com.

Any feedback on the reviews would be much appreciated as they are my first attempt at writing them. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the site.

Ah, this is exactly the kind of Xbox 360 news source I want. We don't have access to Indie games down under yet, and I've found it pretty hard to find any information on them. Seems like they get ignored by all the major news outlets, and even MS themselves to a degree. Bookmarked. :)

If you want access to them now, opening an US account on your boxx should be enough. Worked for me a few months ago when they were only available in the US and not yet in Germany.

OrR said:
If you want access to them now, opening an US account on your boxx should be enough. Worked for me a few months ago when they were only available in the US and not yet in Germany.
That's tempting. It wouldn't have to be a gold account, would it? Just a silver one with some MS points added?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodly. In a happy coincidence I was introduced to this site today:

http://www.maximuscards.com/itempage.php?cat=1

...that's a 50% saving on a gold code for my Aus account, and I can pick up some points for a US account while I'm there. Brill!

This is much better than posting about every single crap game that gets an update or a sequel. Good luck and I hope you stick to quality ones. You seem like you're on the right track with the independent game articles.

From the latest post:
The Oracle is a Magic 8 Ball application. Give it a shake, ask a question and hit B then The Oracle will give you an answer. So I gave it a try with the question "Is this worth 80 MS points?', gave it a shake and hit B, the reply was 'Not super likely'. Maybe it does work then.
:lol:

Thanks for the feedback on the site. To combat the trap of posting every bit of news I added a News Bytes section on the right column which is just the title and link of the news for say a new DLC. Then every couple of days I post a round up of news, feedback on this seems to be good and saves the main page being cluttered with random news every day.

The Indie Games is something which I want to spend quite a bit of time with. I got my site added on the xna forums for places where indie games are mentioned so hopefully it will lead to some devs giving me copies of their games to review. If this happens then I can build up quite a good resource for indie games which it seems a lot of people are interested in.

If you have any feedback or suggestions for content please let me know.

Which one? there's loads of them now :) I haven't done a proper review for any indie games yet, but it would be cool to do a Battle of the massager games article :)

Back