Electronic Arts

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
https://heavy.com/games/2017/10/studios-ea-has-killed-visceral-games/

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Who's next?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Oh.

Same tactic as every big company : buy and kill what could possibly grow.

Hopeless, even with the Paradise papers, people will continue to buy Apple products.
It's the "obscured by leisure" era, and this is gonna end bad.

I (obviously) still hate them the most for killing off Origin, but Westwood and Bullfrog follow closely thereafter.

https://www.gog.com/game/war_for_the_overworld_anniversary_collection
The real Dungeon Keeper 3.
Including Linux port and true DRM-free multi-player online and via LAN.

I'm not sure it could be called like that... it's too short, even if you add the DLC it doesn't even reach the length of the DK1 or DK2 original campaigns.
It is also different in many ways from those games (I really miss the fullscreen map for example)... it's a good addition to the god-games anyway

Don't help them. They haven't caved, the microtransactions will be back. They've removed them now in order to make it seem like they're caving and boost initial sales; in 3 or 4 months they'll bring them back the way they were and people will fall for it because they're already invested.

Don't help them. They haven't caved, the microtransactions will be back. They've removed them now in order to make it seem like they're caving and boost initial sales; in 3 or 4 months they'll bring them back the way they were and people will fall for it because they're already invested.
They won't get any money from me, but other devs will look at EA, etc... and see what they can get away with, so it is important that they don't, at least not that easily.
Sadly most customers don't care for the DRM-free multi-platform indies at reasonable prices with no day-1 DLCs which get my money.
When it comes to multi-player, the probably best example is Invisigun. It's a bloody good game and nobody really has anything bad to say about it, the critics love it and it sells like crap, yet the dev (1 person) is still supporting and fine tuning it all the time since he loves it.
It even has a free light version where you can participate in games, set-up an MP game or play alone with three of the characters but nobody even tries that one.

Last edited:
The market works very simple. You vote with your wallet. If these things don't sell, they will disappear.
But even with fewer purchasers they seem to be making more money on it. Therefore we will only see more of this rubbish.

I do not knowingly purchase any DRM'ed titles anymore. Nor do I purchase games with microtransactions or monthly subscriptions.
Even then, there are so many games out there, I still cannot play all of them.

Support the developers that rightfully take pride in the product that they bring to market as a work of art, love and entertainment.
These days that is mostly indies (and kickstarters, if you are into that sort of thing).

<edit>
Sir Tim Berners-Lee entirely lost his credibility when he forcefully pushed DRM into the HTML standards.
</edit>

Last edited:
Back