Release Einstein's Puzzle

dbluelle

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

I've ported Einstein's puzzle (see http://games.flowix.com/en/index.html ) to the pandora.

The only changes to the original are:

- make the resolution fit to the screeen of the pandora (the original is for 800x600 pixels)

- the left and right mouse clicks are mapped to the A and B buttons.

I've not found a way to play it with the stylus, as the right click doesn't seem to work,

but it's very playable with the left nub and the A and B buttons.

I've used the .next development environment, but I think it should run on all firmwares

(I've successfully tested it on SuperZaxxon final).

[edit]

The game is now available in the repo, see http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=einstein

[/edit]

So here it is:

einstein.pnd

Attachments

• einstein.pnd
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
Last edited by a moderator:
Works good, never known about this... I need to make some practice, anyway I think that the best way to use the stylus is maybe to map "LEFT SHOULDER BUTTON + RIGHT CLICK = LEFT CLICK" (or maybe RIGHT SHOULDER BUTTON for left handed person)

Thanks ;)

EDIT: ehm... I was meaning "LEFT SHOULDER BUTTON + LEFT CLICK = RIGHT CLICK" :p

Sveet. I was pretty addicted to this a few years ago, but haven't played it for ages. Nice to see it on the Pandora, though I don't think I can survive a whole game using the thumb controls.

The shoulder button + click to generate a right click would be a good solution for now.

I've uploaded a new version to the repo (see http://repo.openpand...il&app=einstein).

As suggested you now can also hold the right or left shoulder button to emulate the right mouse button with the stylus.

I've also added an option to hide the mouse cursor ( I think that's better when playing with the stylus).

If anybody is interested,I've setup a repository with the sourcecode on github (see https://github.com/dbluelle/pandora-einstein )

Thanks, now it's almost perfect :)

I found a minor issue while using "Hide cursor", cause after selecting it and exiting the option window the cursor was still visible and the option unselected... I resolved deselecting also "Nice cursor"... but now works well even if "Nice cursor" is selected...

I found another issue, if you are "right clicking" with the shoulder button pressed on a wrong cell, the "YOU HAVE LOST" window appear, but now, after starting a new game, the "right click" is STILL enabled even if you have released the shoulder button.

You have to press and release again the shoulder button to unlock the left click.

This situation anyway gave me an idea on a possible improvement, cause in this type of game the use of right click is really massive: add the option to use the shoulder buttons as a switch key, one press turns on right click (forever), another press disable it, maybe adding a visual indicator to show when the right click is ON.

I've uploaded a new version to the repo.

I found a minor issue while using "Hide cursor", cause after selecting it and exiting the option window the cursor was still visible and the option unselected... I resolved deselecting also "Nice cursor"... but now works well even if "Nice cursor" is selected...
That is fixed with the new version.

I found another issue, if you are "right clicking" with the shoulder button pressed on a wrong cell, the "YOU HAVE LOST" window appear, but now, after starting a new game, the "right click" is STILL enabled even if you have released the shoulder button.
You have to press and release again the shoulder button to unlock the left click.
Also fixed.

This situation anyway gave me an idea on a possible improvement, cause in this type of game the use of right click is really massive: add the option to use the shoulder buttons as a switch key, one press turns on right click (forever), another press disable it, maybe adding a visual indicator to show when the right click is ON.
I've added an option to inverse the shoulder button behaviour, and the current "tapping mode" is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.

Thanks, it's more confortable to use now ^_^

Anyway an issue is still there, but at leat now you can see what does the tap do

if you are "right clicking" with the shoulder button pressed on a wrong cell, the "YOU HAVE LOST" window appear, but now, after starting a new game, the "right click" is STILL enabled even if you have released the shoulder button.

if you are "right clicking" with the shoulder button pressed on a wrong cell, the "YOU HAVE LOST" window appear, but now, after starting a new game, the "right click" is STILL enabled even if you have released the shoulder button.

OK, I just uploaded a new version which should _really_ fix this :wacko:

Back