Release Egaku Sensei drawing game

eyecreate

Website
git.eyecreate.org
I just finished a first build of my drawing game for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Feel free to test it and give feedback. You can find the pnd on the repo.

Description: Practice drawing with ponies! See if you can get your artwork to pass your teacher's standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooo... Can't wait to try this out when i get my Pandora back.

You have all my support! :)

@DaMummy: thhhhbt! Beware the cuteness. ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Every time after I traced I touched 'feedback' with my stylus and it crashed [5X tried].

Sorry then. :(

AWSOME! I wanna draw a big bloodthirsty viking warrior on his mighty battle horse and ... oh wait ... did you say ... "little pony" and ... "friendship" and ... "magic"? :blink:

(I'm sorry. I had to do it though, its just an too obvious target) :p :D

But seriously: if I had my Pandora I would probably test it right now (and there's a good chance I will anyway later), because I like the basic idea and the use of the touchscreen. It may not be the perfect game for my taste, but I think it's absolutely great that also such child-friendly games come to the Pandora. It is highly appreciated! (honestly)

@Cyberworm: Can you run this new pnd and send me the log from it afterwords?

http://cloud.eyecrea...f455b20ec7d13de

@F_Slim: there's nothing in the game technically making it pony specific except for my art, I just chose to make it that way because I had been practicing drawing those characters recently. I got here a viking picture like you wanted. ;) You can put it in "/media/sdcard/pandora/appdata/egakusensei/EgakuSensei/data/strokes" and it will show up as a possible picture to trace. (just remember I put a size limit on the image of 640x480 and the background should be transparent in case you decide to go crazy adding pictures.)

http://i.imgur.com/ADVJJ.png

HORRAY, you're the best! :lol:

Actually this gives me an idea: I got a book full of nordic/celtic patterns for my birthday (like from wood carvings, rune stones and so on), those are quite a challenge to draw, and I actually intend to learn how to do it ... I guess I'll import some smaller ones to your program and do it on my Pandora then (January, hopefully). That should be fun!

(Especially when doing it in the bus or train: imagine the looks on peoples faces when they see a long-haired guy with death-metal shirt playing a "My Little Pony" drawing game on his "DS-Lookalike-thingy" :D )

If I had to guess I would say the error is because the EgakuSensei/data/ folder does not exist in the relevant appdata folder and creating it should work around the issue. I seem to recall this issue being resolved in a later version of the OS though. What HF are you running Cyberworm?

- Neelix

so out of interest, if you create the folder called /pandora/appdata/egakusensei/EgakuSensei/data/ does it actually 'fix' the problem?

- Neelix

Well,guess I'll modify the start script to create the folder if it doesn't exist.

EDIT:Let me know if the new repo package fixes things.

Back