Eds Wifi Stick

It has been posted already, but opening a new thread is actually a very good idea :)
Very encouraging video, the stick seems to work great :)

Very impressive! An interesting point was that the usb wifi used less power than the onboard chip?**** Excellent!

**** Great stuff, confirmed by the other thread.

ste_167 said:
Very impressive! An interesting point was that the usb wifi used less power than the onboard chip?**** Excellent!

**** Great stuff, confirmed by the other thread.
Really? Nice! I'm downloading it now, shall watch later. Thanks ED!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't avoid commenting on one thing: EvilDragon, GUI is never, ever, ever pronounced, ever .. ever .. like the word "guy" .. it just does not work. :) It sounds so absolutely weird that you're just going to confuse people who natively speak English, and I really, really encourage you to pronounce it either "goooey" or "Gee .. You .. Eye .." .. because the way you say it, it sounds like you're talking about a person and thats just plain .. weird.

Apart from that, yeah .. great that you got the USB WLAN stick working for now .. looking forward to the day when the built-in WLAN works, however!

Well not long now till my pandoras are in the post will take both with the wifi stick

Mithrildor said:
Meh.

-No 480/720p
-ED talks like OpenPandora made the stick
-ED talks like OpenPandora hates the internal wifi now and the stick is going to be what will be shipped with every pandora.

You should understand ED's happyness, as this intermediate solution is satisfying until Wifi is fixed. I'm glad it worked out so well in this short time :)

let have some fun this beat is sick
i wanna take a ride on ED's Wifi Stick :lol:

couldn't resist!

glad to see it working and goodness is it small! whats the reception range like?

if this works as an intermediary measure i am more than happy

This is shaping up nicely! As far as I know, I'm not quite in the top 1000... I'm kind of jealous of those who are -- you get a free spare WiFi dongle whenever the internal WiFi stuff gets sorted! I just hope they can get it sorted before the first 1000 are finished -- that way there won't be any delay for the next 3000.
Things are getting exciting -- I can't stay off these boards. :lol:

torpor said:
I really can't avoid commenting on one thing: EvilDragon, GUI is never, ever, ever pronounced, ever .. ever .. like the word "guy" .. it just does not work. :) It sounds so absolutely weird that you're just going to confuse people who natively speak English, and I really, really encourage you to pronounce it either "goooey" or "Gee .. You .. Eye .." .. because the way you say it, it sounds like you're talking about a person and thats just plain .. weird.

Apart from that, yeah .. great that you got the USB WLAN stick working for now .. looking forward to the day when the built-in WLAN works, however!

When I first started seeing Ed's video's it took no time at all to adjust to his accent. However, it has kinda been tough to hear him referring to the "Guy" the whole time. I do hope he starts calling it a "gooey" or just plain "Interface" would be fine. We all know it's graphical as we can see it :p

I'm sure we all had issues with these pronunciations in some way. I originally called Daemon, "Day mon" only because I was not accustomed to the proper phonetics and I ran across the proper way to say it online.

Love these videos, damnit I want my pandora soon! Just too bad im not in the first 1000 :/ Hope they can post a picture or video of everything together in the village hall and tell us they are starting!

I cannot download this video neither using my own bash script nor clipnabber/savefrom/keepvid. WTF?

Mithrildor said:
This might be due that the new youtube launched a few days ago, it might block downloads somehow.
But I can download other ED's videos.

Back