Editing .it Files?

Quiest

I like turtles!
Is there any way to edit .it music files?

I want to cut out some seconds of a nice track I want to use for a minigame.
The song just starts silent, around 10-20 seconds, and I want to remove that silence at beginning, so there is no music break when the song restarts in midgame.

Thanks!

hm i dont know any particular programm for that but you could play this song and stripe a cable from your line out to your line in and record the file, save it as wav, and edit it with cooledit. (http://www.mpex.net/en/software/details/cooledit.html)

maybe you could open the.it file directly with cooledit but i dont know to much about that ;)
this idea just popped into my mind :lol:

hm i dont know any particular programm for that but you could play this song and stripe a cable from your line out to your line in and record the file, save it as wav, and edit it with cooledit. (http://www.mpex.net/en/software/details/cooledit.html)

maybe you could open the.it file directly with cooledit but i dont know to much about that ;)

I don`t want to have the music as a wave file afterwards, it would take up to much space.

Thanks, lizard, I`m gonna try this!

EDIT: Nope, that program does not help me, it crashes my pc. And the other progs listed there are just for Linux/MacOS and some other weird OS`s I`ve never heard of :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet the .it files really do originate in Impulse Tracker which you may have trouble running on a new PC. If you just need to cut off the silence, send the song to me and I will do that on my old PC do you. Or you could try using DOSBox.

Good old impulse tracker, i used that a lot when I was younger.
You can try using the program to cut the song, but the interface is DOS-Based and not very intuitive to anyone who never used trackers.
You can, however, edit it with more user-friendly trackers for windows or other OS you're more familiar with, just look around there are thousands (I used to use one but can't recall the name right now), most of them should support the IT format, as it was quite popular at the time.

That's an idea, but as you say he would have to get it to wav format (or any other) first.
I use cool edit / adobe audition for years in a professional environment (radio) so if you require any help, quiest, please do PM me :)

There is also the classical ModPlug Tracker which you can get at http://www.modplug.com/

The IT format is a bit complicated, maybe you could try converting it with one of these two trackers to S3M or XM in order not to get slowdowns in your game when running on the GP32.

I'd use Modplug Tracker. That's what I really actually use, anyway. :D

Just a quick question... what library or whatever are you using for playing IT files in your game? ^_^

As Fishbong says :)

Thanks for all your help, I will try when I got some sleep, I was driving with my sister moped (is that the correct english term?) to a friend this afternoon, and did not take anything with me to dress me warmer, cause I didn`t thought I`m staying that long.

But we just played a round of Sega Marine Fishing, went to another friend for bbq and went to the cinema to watch Batman Begins, so it got later as I thought, it was around 3 o`clock and 10° celsius when I was driving home with shorts and t-shirt. I have very cold atm and I`m really tired, and it is highly probable that I am ill by tomorrow :D

I going to bed in some minutes running some southpark episodes in the background for funnier sleep :D

But not in the night, our days are hot, too, but in the night: coooooooold!

EDIT: @Segata: .it music can cause slowdowns?

EDIT2: Okay that ModPlug Tracker worked! Thanks alot!

Back