e-mailing small developers...

papapopalung

Website
Visit site
i was thinking... seeing as we are all desparate for commercial-grade software, might it not be a good idea to e-mail suitable developers, tell them of our situation, and see what they think? see if they'll do a port (which hopefully shouldn't take too much time, nor will they need to release the source code...)

p.c. owners can get loads of games for free and don't have the need for stuff like that... plus if it's software for a 133mhz processor it'll be well finished by now...

the only problem i can see is that they are very unlikely to have a gp32, but they can always test on the emulator...

and also that's another reason why we need an ambassador... i see two reasons...

1) to be a professional-sounding go-between
2) for testing...

UNLESS... (and this to stop gp32 community getting a reputation for software starving...)

we sticky this topic, and keep discussing it and come up with a stock professional sounding letter and just have ambassadors whenever...

i've exhausted myself typing... lemme know what you think...

I volunteer as ambassador. I kind of see myself one of the poeple out there trying to get the GP32 noticed by people. I was going to try to get the people at Vivendi Universal to work on a Hunter game for the GP32, but I can not find myself any kind of real contact address or anything to reach developer relations.

Oh well, I try.

generalnmx posted on Dec 7 2003 at 07:42 AM said:
1) Wait until AFTER the Virgin release, as the Mitsui failure is still looming over Gamepark.

2) You'll need to see someone in person to get anywhere.
1) I sort of agree, but don't we have enough people to make this worthwhile in certain small cases...?

2) do you know anything about this, generalnmx, or are you just surmising?

BTW... that sprite editing was too hard before for your final fantasy tactics stuff... maybe if you sent examples of what you had done (before and after) i'd have a better idea...

EDIT: how many english/european speaking peoples own gp32's anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you would get very far with the larger s/w companies. They're canning some games for the Gamecube as they say the user base isn't large enough. If something with a user base of 10 million + can't get some games developed, then I serously doubt they would pay any attention to the gamepark!

However, it might be more fruitful to approach some of the smaller independent mobile games developers, like Mobius or Jamdat. Their business is built on handheld games, so it you would have a bigger chance with them.... maybe even if they did something as a tech demo...

I'm sorry...
Aren't you fed up of saying such stuff?
I can't see any new ideas here.

And yes, you may sit and wait for 10 years.

Hi,

Good idea, but this has already been done ;)

I've helped one year ago Game Park Europe to get in touch with developpers (+100), and they got several good and promising contacts... Everything fall in water because of Game Park behaviour.

I gave my list of contacts a few days ago to another GP32 company who is trying to get in touch again with them, we'll see...

But you can always try, it will cost you only time, nothing more ;)

(and show dvpers there is interest in GP32)

maybe if u gathered together a small team of reliable coders you could get in contact with these companies and get them to give u their source code, get different people to work on different parts so as only one person has the complete original sc so as to minimize the chances of a leak. this way the companies dont have to publically release their sc or do any work at all yet may still benefit from people buying their ported game.

What we need is a new bios with an alternate to freelauncher, maybe some kind of java interpreter.

New BIOS? Don't you mean new firmware? And there ARE alternatives to freelauncher.

Back