e-ink sheet music thingamabob

ible

professional vim user
i would like one of these...

http://www.gvido.tokyo/
product-body.jpg

except for it to have an open source OS. i don't want another walled garden, especially for $1600.

and maybe some small amount of colors (like the pebble watch display), so that it could also be used for drawing/coloring. and speakers and a usb input while i'm at it ;).

if only i had 5.000.000 euros to give to ED to help make it happen after the Pyra comes out ;)

Same here. I have been keeping an eye on it for a while. Pricing is a bit steep.

There is also the Good e-Reader 13.3 and the notesnote. I do prefer the dual-page layout and notesnote feels sketchy to me due to poor communication such as infrequent updates.

I'm a fan of the 'Real Book' series. Basically they are a legitimate (licensed) version of the Fake Books that musicians have used for many years. The catch is, they are not very portable. @500 pages of spiral bound 8.5x11 paper each - and there are multiple volumes - it can mean that to bring a set for a decent sized 10 person stage/jazz band it's a lot to haul around.

There are a few apps for Android and iOS that claim to replace those boxes of binders, but they tend to simply be written chord progressions and leave out things like the melody and the actual notes needed to play something that actually sounds like the songs.

Does anyone have any experience with an electronic Real Book alternative that actually works?

oo, the good e-reader looks nice, almost what i'd be looking for.

i forgot to mention i'd like a mic on my ideal device, so that it could listen for the music and do page turns automatically ;). of course, that's some software that probably needs to be written...

I wanted one of these but it's so expensive. Ended up with a galaxy s-pen in the end, which is good.

Sony-Digital-Reader-560x291.jpg

Sony dpt-s1

AFAIK the goodreader is modeled on it.

Back