Dune 2 Gpfw Mod Progress

feddon

Heres 2 screens of my mod just to show i am getting on with it,
I do have some more problems to sort like the fog needs to be black.

http://img91.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img91&image=dune2.jpg

dune2.jpg

Just using the map editor that came with WGmaker for now.
Spent quite a while working out the whole pallette stuff.
thanks for your replies.

Niiiice!
dune 2 was amazing game! and the screens you pasted look superb also!
keep it up!

is anyone working on a warcraft 2 clone? if not i could think about doing one :) if people are intrested and also help me

feddon: the news forum is moderated, which is why it took a little bit of time for someone (i.e, myself) to approve the post - no need to send it twice.

And it's looking really good, Emperor for PC is one of my favourite games :)

hmmmm
I cant use that editor right now, thought Id sit down and make a few units inbetween quake things, but every included fiel has an error sayin
comdlg32.ocx or one of its files cant eb found yada yada
?? any idea?

~Octavious

yeh rico i figured that after the second time i posted, felt like a right idiot

Will the rules and stuff actualkly be different, or is this just final war with different pictures?

I dont quite get what you mean, but i am trying o make all the missions as close to dune 2s actual missions as possible my only big problem is the resource collection system which rather the dune 2 spice collecting will be like GPFWs "oil rig" style system.

Looks nice, really ! :)

I'm very glad to see people is using my program.

And I agree about the resources system, it's not really flexible right now. But this is the first release of the editors, and that's why there are so much things missing. And the palette stuff is quite complicated, I agree too.

What I'd like to do is to complete a little bit more the editors, add features such as more ways to collect resources, infantry, ...and also convert it to dreamcast if some people are interested :)

That's why some people have to try it out, waste some time, and tell me what's wrong or missing. That's exactly what's feddon is doing, so he's not just making a mod, but he's also helping me !!

And sorry, Vimacs, didn't have time to help you about those maps... But after the 16days compo, I'm back on GpFinalWar full time !! ;)

Very cool, Dune 2 was the only Strategy game of this kind I ever liked... too much stuff for me in the follow-ups (C&C, etc.)
I like it simple :)

Dune 2 was one of my first games, and still one of my favorites.

Funny thing: I only just finished watching part one of Dune (the miniseries that isn't really that mini [6 hours in total]) when I saw this!

it took me bout a week of trail and error to sort out what to do but now im pretty good with the software (i think)

Back