Dumb products that are not designed to meet consumers needs

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
I must admit I am getting really frustrated these days with new products coming out. The manufacturers know that one of the main reasons people use and would buy something like a handheld pc would be for gaming, however , they build no game controls into it.

It almost makes my head explode thinking about how illogical that is..

There is also a lot of research (Stating the obvious) that people mostly use there smartphones for games other than the phone itself. They also hate touch controls for all games except those that are designed for them (like angry birds). Do we have manufacturers building real game controls into there smartphones then, no, of course not , that would be logical.

Just like the experia play, Here's Sony saying Ahh , gamers want a phone with real controls and not touch controls. Lets put some real controls and hey we will put in some dumb ass touch pads (instead of nubs) WTF. Seriously are these people mental, I really just dont get what they are thinking. The consumer is telling them they want something and they either dont deliver it, or deliver a half assed effort which just serves to piss you off even more. It's like when IBM released the IBM Junior with its rubber keyboard, a ploy to deliberately hamper there own product so that it did not compete with its higher range PC. End result, no one bought it. They indentified a consumer need ie a cheaper PC for the masses and then deliberatley sabotaged it. Seriously folks, give us what were telling you we want, Is it that hard?

Even the Razer Switchblade, designed for gaming, but , ohh, no real game game controls, WTF were they thinking, seriously WTF is going on. This is all getting to much and really getting me angry (can you tell - lol)

To date, only the Pandora seems to have designed and delivered what people have asked for.

Well, a lot of people don't ask about these kinds of things.

"A new Droid? Derp derp, better buy that shit up"

Much later:

"Wahhh there's no games"

So to those people, the manufacturers are making a mint selling whatever cheap shit they can crank out and market by TV placements. (Since a good marketing scheme will convince people to buy things they don't really want)

I'm actually pretty happy with the keyboard on my Droid (It's a hand-me-down), but I'm thinking of getting an N810 because, as you said, most manufacturers have not listened to the desire for end-user ownership of software.

Also since the N810s are off the wider markets, you can get them for like $200. Here's to hoping that Amazon's resellers don't run out of inventory before I can get one. Or better yet, that I get my Pandora early next year so I can have a mobile device and not just a phone that I use as a dumb SSH terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is still a large segment of the population which thinks that gaming is for kids. If a phone has gaming controls on it then it is suddenly a toy and not a gadget for serious business. So, instead you end up using some awkward direction buttons instead of a gamepad or some silly touch controls.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's why we are all here, isn't it?

Here is a conspiracy theory: The US networks might be trying to hamper a true gaming cellphone. Why? Because it encourages a long activity on the consumer's part that doesn't net them any cash, unlike the use of texting or using data.

Lets put some real controls and hey we will put in some dumb ass touch pads (instead of nubs) WTF.

I'll never understand why Sony did that. Of course they wanted nubs to fit into a thin, slide-away profile. But if you can't do something properly, don't try. Touch sensitive nubs are not a sensible compromise, and were actually worse than just using the on-screen controls of any other phone.

Didn't help that all the other buttons sucked balls, and the games Sony directly made available were mostly shit on a stick too.

Who cares, anyway. iControlPad to the rescue!

Didn't help that all the other buttons sucked balls, and the games Sony directly made available were mostly shit on a stick too.

Classic statement - lol, "Shit on a stick" - brilliant

Back