Drpocketsnes Screen Tearing

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
So, I was wondering, is anyone looking into fixing the screen tearing issues in DrPocketSNES?

I had thought about trying to fix it myself, but after taking a look at the source, I think it's beyond my current ability as a programmer. I found where it calls the Wiz's built in framebuffer rotation, and figured out how to undo that, but it looks like the emulator writes to the framebuffer in quite a few different locations, and I think they'd either all need to be rotated, or they'd all need to be redirected to some sort of intermediate buffer which is then software rotated before being written to the framebuffer.

I feel like I have the right ideas, but I don't know enough to actually be able to implement them. So, is anyone working on this? If not, is there anyone with experience and free time who would be willing to give it a shot?

Pretty sure at this point, the best idea would be to just work on your own SNES emulator, as DrPocketSnes is a godawful piece of shit, and the programmer should be ashamed.

I mean for fuck sake, Picodrive emulates Genesis damn well near flawlessly, and the Genesis is slightly superior to the SNES, there's no fucking reason we can't have a proper SNES emulator that does it's job and plays all the games you throw at it.

19451412 said:
Pretty sure at this point, the best idea would be to just work on your own SNES emulator, as DrPocketSnes is a godawful piece of shit, and the programmer should be ashamed.

I mean for fuck sake, Picodrive emulates Genesis damn well near flawlessly, and the Genesis is slightly superior to the SNES, there's no fucking reason we can't have a proper SNES emulator that does it's job and plays all the games you throw at it.
I don't want to feed the troll, but I have to write something about this. Either you are just coding a top-notch SNES emulator, or you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. If the latter is the case, then stfu.

Last edited by a moderator:
19451412 said:
the Genesis is slightly superior to the SNES

Not really...

there's no fucking reason we can't have a proper SNES emulator that does it's job and plays all the games you throw at it.

There's no reason for you to request sth. If you want a proper SNES emulator, build one instead of whining like a child.

@ jmetal88: Do you have examples for the screen tearing? I think, a lot of games are working flawlessly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back