Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
DrMD kicks ass, but theres some games i have whichi have some bugs;

Herzog Zwei ; character is invisible

the game Traysia fails to even start.

the game Sword of Vermillion fails to start

D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun: the Character windows, etc on the right side of the screen are missing.

Paradox posted on Dec 29 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
DrMD kicks ass, but theres some games i have whichi have some bugs;

Herzog Zwei ; character is invisible

the game Traysia fails to even start.

Yeah, it's a bummer about Herzog Zwei. I tried it the other day to no avail. The compatibility isn't the greatest, but games that do work - work great. It seems that a lot of the top down RPG/Strategy games don't work well. Big Ones for me (as stated in other threads) are games like Ring's of Power and Centurion. Love Contra - Hard Corps though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
landstalker crashes whilst trying to save state.
zombies status part of screen is upto no good.

Zool dies after the SEGA logo
Zombies Ate My Neighbours has graphics glitches
and the name of the other game I've forgotten. You're flying a plane and you start off on an airplane carrier.. the graphics are very glitchy

Everything else I've tried has run perfectly.

Ranger X is missing transparencies.

Sonic games that use shader tricks glitch in and out of being "under" water.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers doesn't go to the fight screens :(.

Ranger X posted on Dec 30 2005 at 05:48 AM said:

Linux doesn't allow for the use of raster interrupts. If there is a HH version that will be fixed.

Yes there are a couple of bugs. But this is probably the best emu on the GP32 and GP2X. We will be lucky if any other emus can even come close to the speed and compatibility of this.

DaveC posted on Dec 30 2005 at 05:10 PM said:

Linux doesn't allow for the use of raster interrupts. If there is a HH version that will be fixed.

Yes there are a couple of bugs. But this is probably the best emu on the GP32 and GP2X. We will be lucky if any other emus can even come close to the speed and compatibility of this.

Well I hope you're wrong. I would love a SNES emu that is as good as DrMDx

sand_man posted on Dec 30 2005 at 07:35 AM said:
Well I hope you're wrong. I would love a SNES emu that is as good as DrMDx

That is a tall order. Not saying it won't happen. It might but not for a long while. The only reason we have DrMD so fast is because it was being worked on for the GP32 for a LONG time and it was ported quickly to the GP2X. There is no such quality SNES emu to port from. Porting PC or linux based emus will result in slow and crappy results.

I'm just glad Shining Force II works perfectly. This time i'm finally gonna win that mofo.

Related to this, I :wub: savestates. Doubling up on saves this way as well as saving from the priest in town can save a lot of frustration since the actual SRM save has failed to take in a couple of cases, maybe 1 in 10 times.

DaveC posted on Dec 30 2005 at 05:10 PM said:

That may be true but it is not Linux using raster interrupts to change the colour palette, it is the underlying emulated virtual 68000 game which is using raster interrupts, hence there should be no worries about emulating this effect on Linux.

Raster effects are typically done by rendering the effect to a frame buffer first and then blitting the frame buffer to the screen.

Things Ive noticed...

- Puyo Puyo games have white shadows instead of transparancy effect.
- Sensible Soccer doesnt have any of the text overlay ingame. So you cant see the time or score :(
- Desert Strike freezes up after the intro.
- Zool freezes up after the Sega logo.
- Chaos Engine has graphical glitches when it scrolls.

Also noticed in a few games that the sound channels wont shut off properly. Meaning that you get a long bleep of a sound until the channel is used again. Nothing major though.

Overall im very impressed, these are only minor faults as this is a fantastic emulator.

Megaman the Wily Wars and the japanese version, Rockman Mega World won't start at all, I made sure that they aren't bad dumps, I assume there is a problem with the game selection screen that comes up on the start cause the game itself is nothing too stunning without any fancy special effects, I guess it's a minor issue that won't let the rom load...

playing BATTLETECH, the shadow under your mech is green and looks odd (im assumig it should be black?) also ships that fly overhead are green too.

just tried Zool, freezes on loading main menu

play Zombies! Ate my neighbours, youll see what i mean...its weird.

Paradox posted on Dec 29 2005 at 03:53 PM said:

Are you sure it's a good dump? It started OK for me.

Back