Drmd Ver2 Cant Get Roms To Load

Chorlton

Still Fresh
Im trying to run DrMD v2 (via Windups 0.9).

Every rom Ive tried to open has performed an abort and brought up the bios monitor. Ive had a few exception messages but the most common has been 'Exception: External on Translation'.

Any ideas? As I want to play sonic, road rash and micro machines

Cheers

Jon

Try it without running it via wind-ups, Failing that, try your roms on a desktop emulator to see if they work there, Else try different versions of the rom.

Trooper

Use a firmware that doe snot have the BIOS monitor. I cold never stand it as when certian games woudl laod it would just freak the GP32 out wiht a bunch of code, and have also wnated to know the purpose of it. I would rather the GP32 just reboot then have to force a shutdown every time. Anyways, try using a different launcher or firmware and you are going to have to be more specific to get help....

tattooman: The point of it is that it helps us devvers squash bugs faster :) For example, a "Translation" exception normally means an alignment problem, and we can normally guess where abouts in the code it is from the address.

So the "bunch of code" is very useful - much more useful than just a reboot where your just guessing what happened.

Squidge posted on Jul 2 2005 at 09:23 PM said:
tattooman: The point of it is that it helps us devvers squash bugs faster :) For example, a "Translation" exception normally means an alignment problem, and we can normally guess where abouts in the code it is from the address.

So the "bunch of code" is very useful - much more useful than just a reboot where your just guessing what happened.
yes, but for "normal" :p people it is not necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Chorlton posted on Jul 2 2005 at 05:50 PM said:
Im trying to run DrMD v2 (via Windups 0.9).

Every rom Ive tried to open has performed an abort and brought up the bios monitor. Ive had a few exception messages but the most common has been 'Exception: External on Translation'.

Any ideas? As I want to play sonic, road rash and micro machines

Cheers

Jon

If your roms are compressed ( zipped ), try uncompressing them and see if you still get the error. If the uncompressed version runs, then the version of compression used to compress the roms is not compatible. You'll have to recompress them with a newer version of the compression.

If the roms still do not work, even uncompressed then I have no idea what the problem is. All I can suggest is getting different copy of the rom ( ie re-dumping your original cart ;) )

Later

Reesy

aapje89 posted on Jul 3 2005 at 02:11 AM said:
Squidge posted on Jul 2 2005 at 09:23 PM said:

yes, but for "normal" :p people it is not necessary

Thank you for saying that!!!!! Exactly most of us are just gamers and could care less about some coad that just pops us and bugs the Hell out of us. That's what I stoped using Slubman's, for one the colors are drab and would eb cool if you had skins and I was mainly tired of the debug poping up too often. Again thanks for saying that, while host of us here are not programmers!!!!

So what your saying that, you enjoy using our software, and even though we spend many hours developing the software, you don't want to spend 5 minutes to help us make the software more bug-free by sending us the codes - you'd rather the gp32 reset so you can try some other software, faster?

Squidge posted on Jul 3 2005 at 04:05 PM said:
So what your saying that, you enjoy using our software, and even though we spend many hours developing the software, you don't want to spend 5 minutes to help us make the software more bug-free by sending us the codes - you'd rather the gp32 reset so you can try some other software, faster?

You assume too much and I love it when people like you put words into my mouth. Look back at my posts, I NEVER said that I wouldn't help. Am I suppose to sue my digital camera and take a pic of the binary charctors on my screen and email it to who ever???

Also, there is nothing in any documentation about us "gamers" who use the debug BIOS monitor to send that data to the developers.

To clear things up when I sued a debug BIOS instead of just rebooting like other BIOS's it would bring be to that screena nd then I would have to force reboot and I don't like to keep powering off and on my GP32 as it it cold over time put ware and tera on the switch. Anyways it really doesn't matter and this arguement it poinsless I just don't like it when people put words in my mouth of stuff I NEVER said!!!

Back