Drmd Games That Freeze Or Dont Load

Elephant Gun

Still Fresh
Got the latest DRMD the other day that had improvements on glitches in the system. However, I still see problems in the following games:

Wonderboy in Monster World will not get past start up screen

Fatal Rewind does not get past the Electronic Arts screen

Herzog Zwei does not let you see your player (it is hidden)

Did the Megadrive carts have any special chips that could be causing these problems?

dunno if its my roms but i couldnt get mega man or rockman to work, just a blue screen after loading the rom

Zool doesnt work either...at least last time i tried, crashes on a splash intro screen i think

Hi Guys
Another newbie here :D
Just got my GP2X yesterday and I'm well chuffed with it!
All my games worked on Drmd except the one I really wanted........Sensible soccer.
Game locks on a black screen......is this just a bad ROM?

I'm pretty sure sensi runs on mine. I don't have the latest DrMD so I'm not sure.
Anyway.. Get the Atari ST version of sensible soccer, it is far better. Only one button needed!

I'm pretty sure sensi runs on mine. I don't have the latest DrMD so I'm not sure.
Anyway.. Get the Atari ST version of sensible soccer, it is far better. Only one button needed!

Thanks iggywig
I'll look into that. Sensi on the GP2X would be the icing on the cake for me. Takes me back to playing the Amiga version and SWOS on the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think SWOS runs on amiga in UAE4ALL. You might wanna give that a blast! Its a classic!

Sensible Soccer - International Edition also runs great on SquidgeSNES.

You'll be all Sensi'd out with so many choices!

Okay, I did some testing (all on the new DrMDX v5 beta 4):

Beyond Oasis (4) [!] and (4) [h6c] -- both WORK. btw, it runs at a full 60FPS with sound and no overclocking!

Fatal Rewind (U) [!] -- crashed the whole program immediately.

Herzog Zwei (U) [!] and (U) [b1] -- sprites missing in both. I seem to remember GP32 DrMD having the same problem, something to do with a cyclone core bug or something.

Sensible Soccer (E) [!] -- WORKS

Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E) [!] -- WORKS

Time Killers (U) [f1] -- WORKS! Although the (E) [!] version didn't, strangely.

Zool (U) [!] -- worked for a bit, then crashed. EDIT: to clarify, I was able to play through a level for about 30 seconds.

Okay, I did some testing (all on the new DrMDX v5 beta 4):

Beyond Oasis (4) [!] and (4) [h6c] -- both WORK. btw, it runs at a full 60FPS with sound and no overclocking!

Fatal Rewind (U) [!] -- crashed the whole program immediately.

Herzog Zwei (U) [!] and (U) [b1] -- sprites missing in both. I seem to remember GP32 DrMD having the same problem, something to do with a cyclone core bug or something.

Sensible Soccer (E) [!] -- WORKS

Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E) [!] -- WORKS

Time Killers (U) [f1] -- WORKS! Although the (E) [!] version didn't, strangely.

Zool (U) [!] -- worked for a bit, then crashed.

Great work there. Do you think it is to do with the NTSC PAL coding of the game, and that the emulator doesn't know which mode is needed?

Last edited by a moderator:
ROAD RASH 3. It loads but looks bad, the sky does not move right when playing the game.

I have had ROMs go to a black screen and freeze the emu so that I had to turn the unit off and on again. The game does work you just have to try again. I reloaded the same rom after resetting and it worked fine. It seems loading may be a bit unstable.

I've got the same problem with radom freezes while loading some games.

I didn't post that.....its started

Back