1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Dreamcast Replacement Cases ?

Discussion in 'DragonBox Shop' started by Magic Sam, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Magic Sam

Magic Sam Forever Homebrew

Hi all :)

@EvilDragon : what about selling Dreamcast replacement (jewel) cases at your shop ?

I bought Shenmue 1 in a second-hand shop some days ago, and the cases are falling apart...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Tags:
    Ian J and Thepinkgamer like this.
  2. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

People really need to learn not to post things with the discs in the case, at least on the fragile euro cases. Best solution I've had so far is to swap cases with games I don't play much any more. At least you don't have to disassemble the cases at all to get all of the paperwork out and swap it.

3. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

I hate the goddamn euro cases for DC games. Most of my cases are broken. Those things will explode if you even look at them. Replacement cases would be awesome, though I don't like putting my games in regular CD jewel cases. They should be made from different plastics then the original ones.
    @Magic Sam what kind of jewel case do you mean? The Euro DC ones with blue inlays? Cause other regular jewel cases are readily available.

4. Magic Sam

Hi @xnopasaranx :)

I was referring to the Euro DC cases, but I wouldn't mind buying Japanese DC cases from @EvilDragon though ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

5. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

Ah yes, that's what I am looking for as well. I have never seen these reproduced anywhere... I am sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for decent quality fresh ones.

6. Ian J

Ian J Advanced Member

Yep the Euro DC cases are utter shite, can't think of a worse design for any disc.

I mentioned trying to get replacements a while ago on the forum and have never seen any, someone really should do a new batch.

7. Magic Sam

Hi @Ian J :)

Maybe the companies @EvilDragon is already working with could take care of this ?

I don't think those Euro DC cases would be difficult / expensive to produce, and there seems to be some demand from the few DC forums I browsed this afternoon.

Cheers, Magic Sam
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2017 ---
    @EvilDragon: do you know the name of the company who made the cases for some independent DC games (like Wind and Water Puzzle Battles, Sturmwind, Rush Rush Rally Racing for example) ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Those games are lying on my bed right now, maybe the name of the case company is written somewhere... ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Meh... Those look like regular CD cases when you come to think of it :p

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Those independent games just use standard Jewel cases.

9. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

A redesign would probably be on the cards for those cases, if made today. You could make the lid out of polycarbonate, but those spindles that hold the disc in would probably need to be made differently.

Edit: Yeah, my copy of Fruity came in a standard DVD case. Did the job very well, but it can't sit with my other DC games (at least not on the same shelf).

10. Wrath Of Khan

Wrath Of Khan Soul soother...

Xenocider has a limited run of pal cases. Pier solar had a pal case. They can be sourced. Dunno if n.o.s or newly made cases though. But yes as fragile as a house of sand... or shite... I prefer the jewel cases or dvd boxes.