DosBox Queri

Cas

If I install DosBox onto my Pandora is it then the same as having it on my computer, in that I can just drop Dosbox

ready games onto the Pandora and run them ?

If I install DosBox onto my Pandora is it then the same as having it on my computer, in that I can just drop Dosbox

I'd give that a qualified, 'yes?'

It -should- work, but there is a lot out there for DOS that isn't even all that compatible with different versions of DOS. So... What, exactly, are you wanting to run?

Better yet - try it and let us know if it works?

I'd give that a qualified, 'yes?'

It -should- work, but there is a lot out there for DOS that isn't even all that compatible with different versions of DOS. So... What, exactly, are you wanting to run?

Better yet - try it and let us know if it works?

Thanks for the replies so far.

It was just a question in general, it is in that on a desktop if you have DosBox installed you can then load the games just by clicking on their Icon and it runs.

Cannot try it at the moment clothes and stuff all over the place here, going away for a few days :)

It was just a question in general, it is in that on a desktop if you have DosBox installed you can then load the games just by clicking on their Icon and it runs.
A Behaviour like that isn't (currently) possible - at least not without the need of a little system hacking.

That isn't normal behaviour. Is it possible that you've installed games that have been specially packaged to run in DosBox, such as those purchased from Good Ol' Games? In that case, the icon is a product of the installer, not of dosbox itself. The dosbox on Pandora is (virtually) identical to that you would have on your desktop, so once you've installed a dosbox game you can take the installed directory and copy it onto your Pandora, but the launch icon won't come with it: you need to be a little proficient with dos in order to navigate and run the program, or use dboxfe which is a not-unreasonable launch gui.

^ If my memory serves me correctly, you could associate MS-DOS executables with DOSBox on Microsoft Windows, and, of course, on Mac OS X, there is the highly-polished and very brilliant front-end/derivative, Boxer.

I'm guessing that Cas is actually referring to one (or maybe even both) of these. :)

Thanks for the replies, I did read them earliar on my Pandora from the hotel I was staying in, bit it was bad WiFi, one minute on next very low signal or off, so I waited until I got home to reply.

OK, I understand the replies regarding the fact that the Icon does not come across with the game and that you need to do some DOS entries to get it working and that is the bit I am useless at.

Oh well.

Back