Dos Hasn't Got Source Code For My Port

JRP

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hiya was wounderin if i could find the source code for DOS could someone port it to Gp32 ???

DOS is an operating system, not hardware. If DOS itself was ported (there is a FREE-DOS project out there), you would be able to do command line file management (deleting, renaming, etc.) but not run old DOS games. What you're looking for is an x86 emulator, but they're just finally getting some decent ones going at slow speeds, and emulating lower-end systems to boot, so as stated above only low-spec games would work at best. The problem is, today's PCs (i.e. Windows/Linux PCs) are still basically the same architecture, enough anyway to be mostly compatible with the older games. Because of that, building speedy, well coded emulators for the old PCs has never been a big worry. As Windows has gotten less compatible with VERY old software though, a few projects such as the above have started to crop up so we can enjoy our retro PC gaming.

For a CPC emulator, this has been asked for many times on the boards, occasionally someone says they might work on one, but I'm not aware of any really serious projects in the works right now. Search the boards for more detailed info.

DOS? You mean MS-DOS, PC-DOS, IBM-DOS, Caldera DR-DOS, Atari DOS (TOS), or Amstrad DOS? Free-DOS is out there, too.
Who cares about stone-age DOS?

Think about Linux. Organize yourself and join the Linux community, contribute somehow to get the Linux out asap.

StoneThrower posted on Apr 14 2004 at 11:47 PM said:
DOS? You mean MS-DOS, PC-DOS, IBM-DOS, Caldera DR-DOS, Atari DOS (TOS), or Amstrad DOS? Free-DOS is out there, too.
Who cares about stone-age DOS?

Think about Linux. Organize yourself and join the Linux community, contribute somehow to get the Linux out asap.
You forgot AmigaDos. ;)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back