Dos Emulator (Non Dosbox)

Junixx

Still Fresh
I stumbled on a DOS emulator for the Nintendo DS the other day called DSx86. I tried it out myself and I have to say I'm quite impressed with it and then wondered if something like this could be ported over (if you can contact the maker and get the source code) or made from scratch, it uses the 4DOS program as an interpreter and a DOS environment with a full keyboard and the touchscreen for a mouse, it even has sound blaster emulation! I tried Quest For Glory 3 and it was very playable. (Compatability List here)

I don't know how realistic this would be on the Wiz but it seems reasonable, the RAM size on the Wiz is much larger then the DS and the single 533 MHz CPU I would think is more powerful than a dual 66 MHz and a 33 MHz. Any thoughts?

That would be super cool if the was a faster DOS or even win95 emulator for WIZ.. something like Wine maybe. I'm sure this is something that's be discussed plenty. I'm sure its very possible considering some of the amazing stuff that's been done of the Wiz. I would never have thought that PCSX4All would run so FAST! An emulator that could do Win98 Pentium @ 100mhz would run TONS of games.

Brandon9271 said:
That would be super cool if the was a faster DOS or even win95 emulator for WIZ.. something like Wine maybe. I'm sure this is something that's be discussed plenty. I'm sure its very possible considering some of the amazing stuff that's been done of the Wiz. I would never have thought that PCSX4All would run so FAST! An emulator that could do Win98 Pentium @ 100mhz would run TONS of games.

I'm already thinking Starcraft BW if that works =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this before on the matter:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56306-emulators-from-average-to-excellent/page__view__findpost__p__912632

Last edited by a moderator:
Back