DOOM II Level 2

Azure

Trust the recursion...
In the second level of DOOM 2, if you go through the door that is in front of you (you have to cross the little river thing) and then go left you will see some bars. If you open the bars and go straight forward into the little room, the GP32 will restart, however you can go in the room if you tightly hug the right part of the room when entering. Has anybody else had this problem?

Yeah I know about this bug, it occasionally happens.

I think it could be a memory overflow but i'm not sure. Does it happen in the PC version?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I've seen that glitch on the dreamcast port of the game, but on there, it doesn't actually crash the program, it just makes it seem like you drop down into a huge pit... it's pretty strange. Maybe some versions of the .wad don't have that problem? I don't know.

I've got the same problem the gp32 restart. I've try at 40 Hz, and it restart too !
The wad on PC work perfect ...

I must find another wad to test ...

I haven't actually tried it on GP32 (I admit I should do), but it sounds definitely like a WAD related problem. I remember Doom 2 on PC has a few anomalies related to the Hall Of Mirrors bug, I don't know if this is one of them.

It'd be interesting to see if any homemade WADs have similar problems...that's probably the only way to isolate the problem. Of course, if it is related to the Hall Of Mirrors, odds are if you never see the bug, it'll never exist, and therefore it'll never crash. Try facing one wall as you enter, or maybe using the overhead map. I dunno...

Yes, I get that problem too. There's also a point somewhere in E2 (maybe L4) on the original doom that does the same. I've not had it happen in the same WAD file on a PC though.

I have the test version Doomxx or Doom 9xtest of Craigx Doom, I haven't had that problem at all with Doom2

So far i have had no problems running DOOM II, so far everything runs good and smooth for me, i just have problems with the controls because my stick is so damn sensitive its hard for me to control. :angry:

It's definatly a WAD problem-I had the same thing happening until I got the ORIGINAL doom2 WAD.Then it worked fine.Can't remember where I got the WAD from that gave me probs-It had been on my pc harddrive for years.

Back