Software Doom 64

trevornot

I searched support area but then the entire forum and I can't find anything on doom64ex

Followed the instructions on where to put the two .wad files and when I run it on the Pandora the screen goes black, LED flashes a few times then it just goes back to the menu.

Any ideas, help, trouble shooting, things to check/double check...

Anything would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on your pandora, once you launched doom64ex, open Tunar (or any other filemanager of your choice) and look for the file in /tmp called pndrun_doom64ex.out
Copy/paste the content here for more help (and use the same method for duke32)

on your pandora, once you launched doom64ex, open Tunar (or any other filemanager of your choice) and look for the file in /tmp called pndrun_doom64ex.out

Thank you!!!

I was able to get duke nukem running.

30c3ded08b9aca04819f2d527e68654c.jpg
a47d01d941490c1e5e3efc21b3a07f02.jpg

Still having trouble with doom64 but here is the read out. I have the .wad and .sf2 in Pandora/appdata/doom64ex

Ok, looks like I need to repackage the doom64ex pnd.
[doublepost=1476858915,1476855335][/doublepost]I have update the pnd @trevornot , the new one should work (and you should try some browser on the Pandora, to post text file here for example instead of pictures, there are some fast one, like Qupzilla, Palemoon or Otter :p).

Ok, looks like I need to repackage the doom64ex pnd.
[doublepost=1476858915,1476855335][/doublepost]I have update the pnd @trevornot , the new one should work (and you should try some browser on the Pandora, to post text file here for example instead of pictures, there are some fast one, like Qupzilla, Palemoon or Otter :p).

Hahaha well I can't quite get any browser to work either... I can get wifi to connect but I've tried quipzilla, palemoon and chromium but with no luck

Ok so this is the current read out when I run doom64.

51d470b9d57716b69a4aa8822c78ade1.jpg

3b1d4f44f858fc3dfabb5c8700d1ced6.jpg

7316984d8cee88a0c5418a918567b58b.jpg

Once we figure this out if you're up for it I'll post the readouts for the browsers as well. I'd really like to get using this for closer to its full potential.

Sorry for the late response. I get limited opportunities to work on Pandora related issues and check such boards.

SO. It was the firmware. I was running 1.54 since I purchased my unit this summer. I wasn't aware the downloads were available on here and not on the app repository. 1.54 was the latest version on the app repo. I blame only myself for this. Everything running smoothly now. Much happier with my unit and I very much appreciate everyone's help on these boards!

I feel I've tapped out what I need my unit to handle but rest assured I'll be back when the pyras go live! Just so long Craig doesn't return under a new moniker to seize my pre-order money!

All kidding aside my unit was long over due but I'm truly happy with it now and once again with the support of this community!

Cheers from Albany,NY!

Cheers from Albany,NY!
Practically Neighbors I'm from VT. although generally spend most of my time in the Burlington area.

SO. It was the firmware. I was running 1.54 since I purchased my unit this summer. I wasn't aware the downloads were available on here and not on the app repository. 1.54 was the latest version on the app repo. I blame only myself for this. Everything running smoothly now. Much happier with my unit and I very much appreciate everyone's help on these boards!
If your unit has decent Wifi or you could plug in a USB Wifi or ethernet adapter too, there is also an Update OS feature in the system menu in XFCE. Should also be somewhere in minimenu if you use that. that way you don't need to do a full reflash to update.

Practically Neighbors I'm from VT. although generally spend most of my time in the Burlington area.

Small world! I actually had family live in Mooretown, isla mont and I'm probably forgetting a city. VT is a beautiful state!

If your unit has decent Wifi or you could plug in a USB Wifi or ethernet adapter too, there is also an Update OS feature in the system menu in XFCE. Should also be somewhere in minimenu if you use that. that way you don't need to do a full reflash to update.

The wifi connectivity is so far good. Did some basic browsing. Bookmarked this page and was basically done. I'll try the update this weekend!

Back