Does this work if the phone is charging?

P

Pat Caughell

I'm interested in Pro X for the iPhone 3GS still on iOS 3 for the Remote Listening i was wondering how well does this work?

When sending a SMS command to turn it on or off (so i can use my cell) does the SMS show up on the target phone?

Do SMS commands make a sound when the target phone gets it?

What if the target phone is in use? Talking on the phone or listing to music through the head phones?

Does Remote Listening show up on the target phones calls received?

off topic

Any chance that there will be a new feature that will record outgoing calls to certain numbers then uploaded to your web account? I would pay extra for that feature! :)

Thanks

-------------------------------

Monster Beats Headphones

dr dre headphones

dr dre beats headphones

airwalk.jpg

OT: youre really gonna trust r4king for your beats headphones?

I'm interested in Pro X for the iPhone 3GS still on iOS 3 for the Remote Listening i was wondering how well does this work?

When sending a SMS command to turn it on or off (so i can use my cell) does the SMS show up on the target phone?

Do SMS commands make a sound when the target phone gets it?

What if the target phone is in use? Talking on the phone or listing to music through the head phones?

Does Remote Listening show up on the target phones calls received?

off topic

Any chance that there will be a new feature that will record outgoing calls to certain numbers then uploaded to your web account? I would pay extra for that feature! :)

Thanks
I'm trusting your iPhone is GSM, if that's the case then you can sms + 3g data + phone call no problem. Also as far as playing audio while charging is no problem either, either through headphones or power connector, some docking stations or stereos have that connector built in for audio input + charge. I do this with my streaming radio in the house, its nice.

As far as it playing in the background when you switch apps, that's something I can't answer the 4.0+ multitasking feature is not a global function and only *some* apps have access to that api from what I understand, but pandora and other streaming audio providers have access so I don't see a reason why not. If you are on 3.0 like you said multitasking is not available and once you leave the app to answer an sms it should terminate the previous app. Phone calls work differently iirc and you can actually return to an app after hanging up the phone call, but that may not be correct.

incomming calls on the iphone will dim the music and ring in the headphone if you are wearing them while listening to music. SMS notification does the same thing depending on how long your audio notification is for it.

on the receiving end, the carrier will hold the sms/voicemail until the receiver is available in areas of low signal or node is currently unavailable and basically not reject the sms with your service provider. Their carrier will send a non-receipt message to you if the receiver's account can't be found, or has something wrong with their account like disconnected line, payment overdue, number change etc etc. Somwe carriers are weird about it and I've noticed some that will reject unless the receiver is actually actively on the net with good connection. (those are useally your prepay or "disposeable" cell phones)

now I'm having a hard time grasping what the desired endstate is. You want to listen to music away from your computer on your iphone and send/receive sms's while listening? I think I'm lost on that part, hopefully some of the stuff I stated helps you peice together the answer you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back