Does the PALMAS support any quickcharge standards?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
Exactly as it says on the tin. I'm wondering if the Pyra will support that. I probably won't use it because I've heard it shortens battery life, but I'm curious if the PALMAS supports it.

As far as I've been assuming, the USB 2 spec micro port doesn't support anything but 5v, which excluded anything considered quick charge by most people. I'm not sure where I heard this though, so I can't be sure, but I wouldn't have thought a relatively low powered ARM device would especially need it - it should be possible to charge from basically flat to full overnight at 5V anyway.

It's not supported. Quick Charge is Qualcomm's tech, only available in Qualcomm's chips, while the TWL6037 (PALMAS) and bq24297 are made by TI. VOOC is not supported for the same reason (OPPO's tech).

By the way, in the Pyra, the PALMAS is not involved in charging. We have the bq24297 for that.

Thanks for the answers! I didn't know PALMAS had nothing to do with the charging.

And will a USB Power Suply, that Charges and Old Iphone 6s and the GPD Win (1.5) also charge the Pyra ??
I have hear a USB 3 Hub that dosnt charge my Iphone but the GPD Win only quite Slow,
Its Power Suply got 10 Watts..
I wantet to use this as a USB Hub thats also charge the Pyra at the same time, but as it dosnt even charge my phone, i think i use a Second USB Power Suply..

A 10W USB PSU is likely to be just a pain old ~5V, ~2A PSU. That should charge the Pyra just fine, although plugging a USB hub into it and trying the charge two other hungry devices at the same time might blow something. I'd hope the first thing that goes is a resettable fuse, but I don't really know. I'm slightly surprised you can charge both a slghtly old iphone and a GPD win on the same 2A PSU as is.

It’s from Anker, so thy should know how to build such a thing..
So I should use a diverent USB Wall Plug?? Maybe the Plug from my IPhone??

Ok: IPhone Charger connected to the Hub, and then IPhone connected also ditnt charge over the Hub,
So I think I will use both Chargers: Pyra connected directly to a Charger, and connected to the Hub to give some more USB Connection, and then a Wallplug to the Hub to power some USB Device..
Echt schade..

Back