Do You Think Gph Knows That Their Website Is Broken?

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
I'm talking about fungp.com. It's obviously broken. The front page looks great, but everything else looks like it's missing a style sheet or something.

Not to mention, 'registration' seems to never send an activation e-mail (I've tried twice now), and the 'contact us' page links to a site called globalgph.com, which doesn't even exist.

Really, what's up with that? Do GPH even know their website is broken, or do they just not care?

yeah globalgph.com is dead but FunGP.com works so globalgph.com was same as fungp.com before but why need 2 domains.

oh yeah, their webpage seems to be broken in the newest internet explorer. with compatibility view it's fine.

jmetal88 said:
I'm talking about fungp.com. It's obviously broken. The front page looks great, but everything else looks like it's missing a style sheet or something.

Not to mention, 'registration' seems to never send an activation e-mail (I've tried twice now), and the 'contact us' page links to a site called globalgph.com, which doesn't even exist.

Really, what's up with that? Do GPH even know their website is broken, or do they just not care?

I've noticed this as well. When I visit FunGP.com in Firefox, the front page looks fine but the deeper pages appear to be missing their CSS. Since they are trying to sell things on their site, it strikes me as odd that they would let something like that slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
crow_riot said:
oh yeah, their webpage seems to be broken in the newest internet explorer. with compatibility view it's fine.

That's so weird. :blink:

Why would they design the site to only work in old versions of Internet Explorer? I usually only use Chrome and Firefox, and there's no way to get the site working properly in those browsers.

Even if it does work in IE compatibility mode, that doesn't change the fact that I absolutely cannot sign up because the site does not send me the confirmation e-mail!

That is, perhaps, the most important thing to fix. Because their 'contact us' link is broken, though, I have no way to notify them that I can't sign up (aside from contacting the A/S center, I guess, but I have no idea if they could forward the message to the right people).

EDIT: Even sending mail to the A/S center in Korea doesn't work. "61.42.12.120_does_not_like_recipient./Remote_host_said:_550_5.1.1_User_unknown/Giving_up_on_61.42.12.120./"

In the 21. Century, there are still webpages being made, optimized only for the IE? :blink:
No way, where GPH lives, in Microsoft-Only-Land? :D

Probably could reach them by Facebook but no guarantee that they will reply. Some people already pointed out there that FunGP is messed up on newer browsers.

jmetal, do you have a gmail account? I would never get the confirmation e-mail when I signed up. I was using my main address through my IP with no luck, gmail worked fine though.
As far as the broken site goes, if the rumor about them leaving the gaming biz is true, they probably just don't care.

Orion4874 said:
jmetal, do you have a gmail account? I would never get the confirmation e-mail when I signed up. I was using my main address through my IP with no luck, gmail worked fine though.
As far as the broken site goes, if the rumor about them leaving the gaming biz is true, they probably just don't care.

I was trying to sign up with a GMX mail account. I do have a gmail account though, I guess I could try it.

EDIT: Oh, weird, it did work with gmail. :blink:

What the crap is up with that? Their website only works in IE and their sign-up only works with gmail?

EDIT 2: Now, I can't get their little Java downloader app to work.

jmetal88 said:
EDIT 2: Now, I can't get their little Java downloader app to work.

good luck with that. there've been several reports that people cant get it to work!

i really had high hopes when GPH announced fungp. but it was a fail when it launched, IMO.

fishybawb said:
Weren't craigix and MWeston dropping less than subtle hints that GPH had gone under? What happened to that?

yeah they did. but no one ever made a real statement about that.
the only one who probably knows is ED since he's working with them more then anybody else.

Weren't craigix and MWeston dropping less than subtle hints that GPH had gone under? What happened to that?
Probably envy... You know, when you order a GPH console you may have it in 3 days.
Seriously. They deliver caanoos instead of newsposts.

But I am interested how they will continue. FunGP failed, that's for sure.
As the caanoo was released I recall ED stating something like that a "bigger thing" is also in the works, but I may misremember that.

I wish they would finally start to work together with the community devs. At least send the known guys free consoles, no matter what they do with them in return and organise devcompos regularly.
They could easily adopt the .pnd - system as well.
Pushing the hardware towards PS-emulation, pricepoint 150€+ that would be it.</dreaming>

Back