Do You Need To Replace Your Outer Screen Protector?

bacteria

Modder & Portablizer
Website
moddedbybacteria.wordpress.com
If you need to replace your plastic hard screen cover (the one outside which comes with the unit), you might be interested to view my N64/GBA project on BenHeck - page 16. I got hold of some 2mm perspex (you only need 1mm perspex for the GP2x) and found that gentle cutting with a dremel at about 15,000 RPM makes a beautifully cut area. This perspex is easy to get hold of on e-bay. This perspex is completely clear and typically used in picture frames as replacement for glass; and is far clearer than using a CD case.

This would be handy for anyone with a dremel too and a GP2x with a scratched screen!

I have made a link to this for your interest, please feel free to view! It saves me re-entering the data to put it here, as it is linked elsewhere:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?p=252955#252955

:D

lol... you mixed up the name of the link and the url. If you simply click the link you are redirected to www.link.com

or is that some new sort of noob defense?

I know it's a screen protector, but, for me, it's very disturbing when you're using the GP2X outside, as it causes reflections (or gleams, I don't exactly know how you tell it in English).

I would remove the screen protector if I were smart enough to open the console and be able to correctly mount it again.

Is it very hard? Is it very dangerous for the screen itself?

Do a search on this forum - somewhere, months ago, someone posted about using a hairdrier to warm the glue under the screen protector, thereby allowing you to pry it off. Be careful though so you don't melt the case plastic! You may need to use a very tiny flat-head screwdriver to pry it off, which might leave a mark if you aren't too careful on the plastic. The other option is to open the case, remove the LCD and push the protective cover off from the reverse side.

No it isn't "dangerous", the protective cover is just that - protects the LCD. If you store it carefully, make sure nothing (including fingers) touch the screen, you are ok; however this is unlikely to be the case forever, some day you will touch the screen, or something else will, and it may get damaged.

Back