Do Caanoo Support?

Maybe a dumb question. But what does this mean? Is hardware surface faster? Should i use hwsurface and bundle ikari's lib with my game? And maybe the ultimate question, why didn't GPH use hardware surface?

u9i said:
Maybe a dumb question. But what does this mean? Is hardware surface faster? Should i use hwsurface and bundle ikari's lib with my game? And maybe the ultimate question, why didn't GPH use hardware surface?

i only said double buffer, there wont be any hw surface support since it doesnt make sense. The gp2x used it since it allocated the frame in memory for use with the hwblitter. The wiz/caanoo doesnt have any 2d blitter acceleration, every must be done though software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i get it. I thought it had something to do with the gpu. Well, the 3d one. But how does this fit in with OpenGL ES. I have never used OpenGL with SDL. Does this mean i cannot?

u9i said:
Thanks, i get it. I thought it had something to do with the gpu. Well, the 3d one. But how does this fit in with OpenGL ES. I have never used OpenGL with SDL. Does this mean i cannot?

OpenGL is different you can still use it but you need to use a flag SDL_OPENGL.
Check the readme with the ikari SDL, he documented it pretty well and tells you what combinations of flags are possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Back