Dispatch time. Will I *REALLY* receive my order within 7 days?

craig-gp2x

Still Fresh
Hello

First time poster to the forums. Hello all !

I have ordered my Pandora yesterday... will I really get my order within 7 days as promised? Please put my mind at rest, as having ordered and read the other posts, some users have waited almost a year for their orders :-(

To clarify the above, Units are shipped within 7 days; how long it takes for it to reach you from then depends on how far away you are and the speed of your local postage system. %

Last edited by a moderator:
But the current issues suggest it won't even be dispatched that quickly. Do put your "over a year" fears to rest, those are for people who paid the pre-order price. Anyone who orders now is a "premium" order, and will be given preference over the old folks still waiting from back in '08!

But the current issues suggest it won't even be dispatched that quickly. Do put your "over a year" fears to rest, those are for people who paid the pre-order price. Anyone who orders now is a "premium" order, and will be given preference over the old folks still waiting from back in '08!

What are the current issues?

Hi Hercules, welcome to the boards.

As others say, the years of waiting time is for the preorders only, not the premium customers. Lately board production has stalled a bit due to time required for setting up an improved test procedure at the board factory. Unfortunately, this has caused the premium orders to be delayed a bit as well. Craig recently posted on twitter that the new set of boards should arrive this week.

If this is indeed the case then shipping of premium orders should pick up again. It might take a bit more than seven days, but I don't expect it to take months or anything. Keep an eye out for news and familiarize yourself a bit with the unit (e.g. check the wiki if you haven't already). I'm sure you will be able to enjoy your unit soon.

Disclaimer: I'm not an OpenPandora employee so this is all unofficial.

[edit]Just a small update on this. This post by Craig does not bode well.[/edit]

[edit]Just a small update on this. This post by Craig does not bode well.[/edit]

Great... I've paid a premium price in hope of receiving a unit in 7 days and now the product probably won't arrive for ages. Thought the whole point of paying the premium price was so that customers would get their boards quicker, which obviously won't be the case now that their are problems with the PCB supplier (CC) saga and non functioning wifi, and choosing to assemble the PCB's elsewhere... All I have to say is if premium orders are hugely delayed, then their should be some obligation to particially refund those who have paid the premium price, as customers paid the premium price to get a unit quicker...

Somewhere out there are 500 boards. Maybe

I'll ring / email customer support later next week to find out whats going on...

Yes, 500 boards which probably need assembling, some have broken wifi, test lab moved elsewhere. I know that ED and Craig are doing all they can, but like I said in my above post, people pay a premium price to get a board quickly and within 7 days, and if that cannot be fulfilled, their needs to be a partial refund as they are paying through the nose to get a board quickly with the hiked price of the premium service of which most users will probably not get their boards for months on end by the sounds of things.

Hopefully my posting to the forum will get them to give us all a status update of premium orders, if not I'll post anything I find out here after I've contacted them.

I ordered a 7-day pandora some time ago too , It was sent after 11 days :p , Not very accurate but still acceptable ;)

It is usually accurate, unless there are production issues (which they notify users about). And it's not 7 days, it's 7 business days. This means that weekends and holidays don't count. Overall, I got my unit in 15 days. Shipped on the 7th Business Day (during the royal wedding...) and then UPS shipping. A long wait, but that's how it works.

I ordered a 7-day pandora some time ago too , It was sent after 11 days :p , Not very accurate but still acceptable ;)

Yes, but I bet you ordered at a time when they were * NOT* moving to a new PCB production company, and without the mess of the mass production of boards with broken wifi :)

It is usually accurate, unless there are production issues (which they notify users about). And it's not 7 days, it's 7 business days. This means that weekends and holidays don't count. Overall, I got my unit in 15 days. Shipped on the 7th Business Day (during the royal wedding...) and then UPS shipping. A long wait, but that's how it works.

... and yes I have been notified by customer service via email that my unit may be delayed, what they didn't do was tell me a rough delivery time based on the current problems of setting up test rigs and moving PCB production to another company. I appreciate they are busy, but their should be doing more to keep their customers informed of what is going on with their orders and when they can expect to be sent. Not very good for customer relations is it?

... and yes I have been notified by customer service via email that my unit may be delayed, what they didn't do was tell me a rough delivery time based on the current problems of setting up test rigs and moving PCB production to another company. I appreciate they are busy, but their should be doing more to keep their customers informed of what is going on with their orders and when they can expect to be sent. Not very good for customer relations is it?
I do agree about situations like that, but I think one of the main issues is that they don't have an estimated date for current orders. They are good about stating there are issues and what the specifics of those issues are, but the correction of these issues are on the shoulders of other companies (CC) that Pandora, themselves, have issues with at times. It sucks for current buyers, but this is certainly not a large corporation (not an excuse, but trying to console you :) ).

Back