Dingoo speed test (overclock), battery test, and foto

robbo2k

Still Fresh
GBA test
2556 - Need for Speed Carbon - Own the City (U) (M5)

Normal clock - 56% speed (Time on game 1:08, real time 2:00)
430MHz overclock - 64% (Time on game 1:17, real time 2:00)

ROM not playable (very slow),
NFS Most Wanted too very slow

Playable Racing Game for GBA 100%: Mario Kart, Colin 2, NFS Underground, V-Rally,

Video Battery Test

Xvid 576x320pixel nonstop play .... 10:07h !!
a) 15 volume and "3" Brightness,
b) Headphones

Bitstream 7,27MB/min ca ... 800 kb/s video , 128kb/s audio (AC3)

DS Classic, PSP, Dingoo and ipod Touch
IMG_3812.sized.jpg

iPod touch, Dingoo, PSP 3004, DS Classic
IMG_3841.sized.jpg

Ipod vs Dingoo and Advanced Wars (GBA)
IMG_3818.sized.jpg

Nintedo DS vs Dingoo
IMG_3816.sized.jpg

Menu
IMG_3829.sized.jpg

MP3 player
IMG_3836.sized.jpg

Radio
IMG_3835.sized.jpg

Video
IMG_3833.sized.jpg

Good size comparison. That's a nice looking PSP you have.

Need for Speed Carbon is a game that's unfriendly with gpSP's recompiler as it exists in every released version. If I ever get focused on gpSP again there could be some future for games like it and Golden Sun 1/2, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Duke Nukem Advance, Doom 1/2, certain Need for Speed games, certain Tony Hawk games, etc. It's hard to tell what kind of improvement would be made though, I think there'd always be extra overhead for these.

The Dingoo's standard clock speed is 333MHz right? I think you're seeing a less than linear speed increase because RAM is probably hit very hard by this. Then again, I don't know if the RAM clock is asynchronous with the CPU clock.

The memory runs at 1/3 the speed of the processor according to Booboo, and from what I heard 333 mhz is just the speed the Dingoo boots up at and the menu runs at. The emulator could already be upping the speed to 400 mhz, which might explain why some people haven't been noticing any speed bumps with the overclocking application.

Back