Dingoo As An Mp3?

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
Hay,

I'm in need of something fun to tide me over as well as a new MP3 player, Dingoo seems like a good option.

How's the quality on mp3s? If I have a FLAC with monitoring quality headphones will I be getting full audio quality?

Thanks!

EDIT: Topic should have read "Dingoo as an MP3 player?"
My apologies.

with a decent pair of earbuds it actually sounds really good. It's definitely has a surprising amount of options to play with, and the built in FM radio is pretty loud and clear as well. hope that helps

I was surprised as well. I got mine from dealextreame and picked up the brainwavz Beta with the Amp offer at mp4nation and it sounds fantastic. It crashes once every few hours and required a pin to reset it which is insanely annoying.

Personally, I think Dingoo is bad for games. The buttons on mine are not the best (except the DPad) and you really have to hack it to get it working with the good games. Might as well get an iPod and hack it. :p

Strange, we have a quite different experience it seems.

The dingoo has really good sound quality. I love the gmu-music player on dingux and with cpud, batterylife is fantastic. I didn't have to load battery for days, while using it quite extensivly. The music-player also never crashed for me. A strange thing I noticed is, I had to seriously decrease sound quality when using the headphones, cause it was just bloody loud, while all my other mp3-players yet were never loud enough for me ^^
The controls are really good. I had to mod the shoulder-buttons a little (with 2 pieces of plastic and a little bit of strong glue), now I'm very very happy with it. I don't think the iphone comes even close to the dingoo for gaming.

I guess we both agree that the sound is great.

For gaming, the one thing that annoys me the most is the buttons sometimes get jammed inside for half a second. That and the crashing. Maybe it is just a build quality issue. I've got a white one.

icurafu said:
I guess we both agree that the sound is great.

For gaming, the one thing that annoys me the most is the buttons sometimes get jammed inside for half a second. That and the crashing. Maybe it is just a build quality issue. I've got a white one.
sounds like a monday modell ^^
I've got a black one, but I don't think the case moulds are any different. Never had a button stuck, yet.

The only real thing that disturbs me about my dingoo ist, that I can hardly play with it, cause everyone from my family tries to steal it. Had to order 3 new ones from hongkong ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
Sound on the Dingoo is fine, but the built-in mp3 player crashes SO much. GMU is vastly improved, but it doesn't support browsing by tag metadata.

I don't think the built in player's ever crashed for me :huh: What kind of files are you playing? All of mine are 192 or 256Kbps constant bit-rate MP3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back