Dingoo A320 Or Gemei A330? Or Stick With What I Already Have?

rollingharoo

Still Fresh
I currently own 2 GP2X MKIIs and a Wiz. I mainly use them for GBA and SNES games, but what I really want in a handheld the most is portability and long-lasting reliability. Also, a handheld that can smoothly and effectively play Golden Sun 1 & 2 without crashing.

The GP2X is pretty solid, and I don't need to worry about replacing lithium ion batteries in the long run because I can just easily pop out old AAs and replace with new ones. Taking it everywhere I go on the otherhand, is a pain as it barely fits in my pocket.

The Wiz is great in terms of portability and emulation, and the touch-screen is a nice addition. I'm just worried about about long-term usage, since hardly anyone makes Wiz replacement batteries anymore, as well as the accursed screen-rot issues I've heard so much about, though it hasn't happened to me so far.

As far as GPH handhelds goes, I've seen that even to this day, the software and support is still alive and kicking. With the Dingoo handhelds, I see the same thing, even for a "Made in China" product.

Which is why I'm considering buying the Dingoo A320, in terms of size and support for it. I see at least 20 posts for dingoo battery replacements every day on eBay, as well as other replacement parts. My only gripe about it are its build quality, as I've heard about a lot of people complain about it breaking after even a 3-foot drop.

Don't even get me started on the Dingoo A330.

As for the Gemei A330, I just think that handheld looks dead sexy. Though I heard the native OS is crap, I believe people have already got Dingux on it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen that the Gemei A330 also has built-in wifi, compared to the Wiz and Caanoo which require a dongle. If that's true, would people be able play multiplayer games via emulators? Like, 2-3 player co-op on Secret of Mana (SNES) or playing against a friend on Pokemon Fire Red (GBA)?

Yeah, stick with the Wiz or get a Caanoo as the Dingoo shoulder buttons just can't stand up to consistant use without failing. With the caanoo and Wiz you can also plug in a gamepad if you want as well. Actually Im in the process of trying to find some durable micro switches to replace the shoulder buttons on the Dingoo. I tried using mouse button micro switches but they were too big, too bad as they feel great and would last forever.

rolling_haro said:
If that's true, would people be able play multiplayer games via emulators? Like, 2-3 player co-op on Secret of Mana (SNES) or playing against a friend on Pokemon Fire Red (GBA)?

none of the emulators i know for the wiz and caanoo are able to do this. the wifi is just more a marketing thingie than really useful for gaming (for developing it's great).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am new here in this forum, as well as to choose between or howl A330/GA330 Dingoo A320.
It depends a bit on your focus, because the Gemei A330/GA330 Dingux has not ...
If your focus is for GBA emulation is better than he Dingoo A320, but it still has many problems ...
Well as the multiplayer does not work on the GBA, I think we need to modify the emulator for it to be able to create the "link cable" by wireless, but it works in other emulators as well. (NeoGeo, CPS1, CPS2, Nes, etc.)
GA330 Well what we need is to develop software and emulators for it ...
Even with the delay by Dingux that is under development, it would be interesting homebrew system in his native ...

Pardon me, but if you already own all of those systems and none of them can emulate Golden Sun, Then why don't you get a DS lite, Flash cart and an EZ3 in 1? The price would be either the same or close. Ds are really cheap and the carts are under 20 bucks..... just saying if emulation sucks just get the real thing. I use my DS to emulate NES, GB, GBC, and play to GBA and DS. It really is better than any emulation. Not to mention a DS is probably built better than most of your other Handhelds.

kayuz said:
Buy a caanoo, much better
agree, buy a caanoo, only 115 euros if you are in europe and 80 dollars if you are in the us

Where the heck is the Caanoo $80? I can only find it as low as $130.

Even if it is somewhere for $80, it's a little big for my taste (at least for something new). Plus, I like digital controls. I have a Wiz already, and I'm getting a Dingoo A320 now so I can try out the Lynx emulator on it. I love my GP32, but it's a bit big to chuck in my pocket and take with me.

kayuz said:
well, on ebay you find the caanoo at 100/120 dollars i think ;)

Oh. Well, used, I guess. Though I saw a new one for $112 once, I think. Still, $80 for a Caanoo at this point in time would be just about impossible, I think. :blink:

some time ago PLAYASIA sell the caanoo at 85 dollars i think but it's a old promotion, damn :((

Well, I love my Caanoo for sure. It is a much better device than the Dingoo A320 I own. BUT, I can't say that the A320 is a bad device at all. It is super portable, inexpensive, build pretty solid (at least I think so) and the emulation on the device is really nice. The screen is also very good. I'm glad to have it as part of my collection, but if I were to choose only one, of course it would be the Caanoo ;)

The Dingoo is a great little device as I said earlier however. I like the fact that its scene is apparently thriving and the parts are easy to obtain as well. The scene is really what makes these devices desirable, and the Dingoo certainly does have one. I recommend it wholeheartedly, although I am a little Caanoo biased due to its build quality and overall "big manufacturer" feel ;)

Back