Descent Ob A Beagleboard

Meh. We've already seen Quake3 running on the Pandora which is more graphically intense, and Descent (1 and 2) were ported to Pandora as well a long while ago by Pickle :p

WizardStan said:
Descent (1 and 2) were ported to Pandora as well a long while ago by Pickle :p
It looks like a game I might try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Descent and Descent 2 to death :D
The soundtrack of Descent 2 is (at least partly)from Type O Negative, one of my favourite bands :)

mali said:
I played Descent and Descent 2 to death :D
The soundtrack of Descent 2 is (at least partly)from Type O Negative, one of my favourite bands :)

+1000000000

that quacky thing is seriously overrated.

Descent is waaaaayyyyy more fun. Which reminds me it's about 2 months ago I fired it up.

Ho crap, there goes my "productivity" again tomorrow today @ work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Descent a lot, it was my big brother who tried it, but it gave him nausea :lol:
So it ended to be MY game.

I think it was my introduction to the space combat sim.
A genre that had his golden age when the Wing Commander games were made.
A late, but great successor was Freespace series, the source code of Freespace 2 was released some time ago...
The only parts that where not released are the scenario and the artworks, 3d models, etc but you can buy each games for ~ 6$ on online direct to drive gameshops and use the originals packaged datas or custom community made datas.
With the control scheme of the Pandora, Open Freespace would be an instant hit (at least for me :p ) if a skilled dev would port it :rolleyes:

Back