Demo Competition 2006

Dzz

stmia r0!, {r2-r9}
Website
Visit site
The results are in!

The voting was extremely close between the three top finishers, really any of them could have won first prize. A huge thanks to all of the entrants for their work and for giving the gp2x community some cool things to look at and listen to. And further thanks to the other judges for their fair and diligent assessments.

Winners please contact me at dzz@gp2xgamer.com and we'll work out how to get you your prizes.

First prize ($300): Creep Tea, by Optimus

Second prize($200): Debris, by Hedelmae

Third Prize ($100): Babylon Bastard, by Live!

Best 64k ($100): Demo1, by MadDog

Honorable Mention ($50): Code Alone, by rixed. Either its 940-based renderer or its clever "grab the menu screen" trick would have qualified it for this prize, despite it not leaving the gp2x in a friendly state after it exits.

Total Scores:

Creep Tea: 40
Debris: 39
Babylon Bastard: 38
Code Alone: 29
Demo1: 29
Waking Up the Dead: 19
Cube Effects: 18
Pool Demo: 18

creep tea first prize? i dont know if it does anything more than a cube spinning around with random textures on it, because i got bored after 5 seconds and stopped watching... but??? why did that win?

ohwell.. fun to watch them anyway (though ones without music can get really boring... snoree) i know thats not the aim of them... but really.. !

Paradox posted on Aug 6 2006 at 06:52 AM said:
creep tea first prize? i dont know if it does anything more than a cube spinning around with random textures on it, because i got bored after 5 seconds and stopped watching... but??? why did that win?

ohwell.. fun to watch them anyway (though ones without music can get really boring... snoree) i know thats not the aim of them... but really.. !
Creep Tea does not have a spinning cube anywhere in it, I think you are confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
i downloaded the pack about a week ago and just put it on my SD card... its just a spinning cube with random texturs appearing on it. i think someone mad a doo doo. so it looks like you are the confused one mfraid.

Paradox posted on Aug 6 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
i downloaded the pack about a week ago and just put it on my SD card... its just a spinning cube with random texturs appearing on it. i think someone mad a doo doo. so it looks like you are the confused one mfraid.
What are you smoking? You're thinking of CubeEffects

Paradox posted on Aug 6 2006 at 07:27 AM said:
:lol:

"Cube Effects" is not "Creep Tea".

Nice results, and gratulations to th winners.
And a big thank you for evryone who entered, no matter if you won a price or not, evryone is a winner!

It would be nice to have a video of these demos, something to put on youtube.com for publicity. Good idea?

Gongratts to the winners btw!!

murak posted on Aug 6 2006 at 08:12 AM said:
It would be nice to have a video of these demos, something to put on youtube.com for publicity. Good idea?

Gongratts to the winners btw!!
That could be a cool idea, if somebody has the equipment to make it and the good judgement to decide what to include in it :)

For the demo-crazy masses out there, I just noticed on pouet.net that Hedelmae (makers of 'Debris') also released a gp2x demo at Assembly 2006. Go to this page:

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=25771

Finally :)

And in my opinion the right demos won, my personal top three looked nearly the same.
Ignore this guy who was pissed off because he didn't won ( by two points or so ), bad looser. I hoped there aren't such guys in the gp2x community.

And thanks dzz for sponsoring this contest, it was really nice to see these demos on the gp2x :)

Back