Deadbeef Won't Run

todd

I've been using audacious: a little lighter and more stable than Exaile (Exaile being, btw, is my preferred music player on a desktop machine). But I hear good things about Deadbeef. Once upon a time I ran an early version of it. But this latest one, despite several downloads to ensure nothing got corrupted en route, won't run for me.

When I run from the menu, I get nothing.

When I run from the terminal, I get:

Code:
tardis:~$ pnd_run /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/deadbeef.pnd 
Runscript	/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh
Pndfile		/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/deadbeef.pnd
Subapp Number	0
Invoking: 'DeaDBeeF'
--
pnd set to `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//deadbeef.pnd'
exec set to `run.sh'
BASENAME set to deadbeef
Running with x, not disowning!
tardis:~$

Any clues what I'm doing wrong? I'm running a fairly standard install, Hotfix 3 applied. A couple other apps (gedit, xournal) added but not much.

Thanks.

EvilDragon said:
Community Codec Pack installed?

Yes. Audacious, exaile and mplayer all work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried finding and deleting all the appdata: both in my home directory and on the SD card. No joy. :(

did you get the .pnd from the file archive?

mine first didnt work, but i realised i didnt have the community codec pack, and since that one has ffmpeg support it wouldnt run wihtout it, a quick install later, its working :)

I got the pnd from the file archive yesterday, figuring that would be the latest amd greatest. This morning I re-ran the codec installer, just to make sure. Deadbeef still won't run, though. Am I the only person to experience this?

todd said:
I got the pnd from the file archive yesterday, figuring that would be the latest amd greatest. This morning I re-ran the codec installer, just to make sure. Deadbeef still won't run, though. Am I the only person to experience this?

I'm using http://root.shadow-node.net/public/cme/pnd/deadbeef.pnd which should be the lastest/greatest version available. It should also be the version on the File archive through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the direct link. Sadly, I'm getting the same results. What an odd problem. Is there some way to force the app (all wrapped up in a pnd as it is) to give me some debug output?

Hmmm... I booted from a different image on an SD card and it runs fine. I hadn't thought I'd done anything to my NAND image but install a couple apps (xournal, gedit). I suppose I ought to perhaps reflash my NAND or maybe run some kind of diff between it and the SD card. This might speak to my other thread re: timezone being wrong, too.

Back