Dc Genesis/md Emulator Suggestions?

Ravnos

Asleep in Samsara
Website
Visit site
I've decided to get my brother a Dreamcast for Xmas, and in addition I'm going to be hooking him up with a ton of DC related stuff. NesterDC is a given, but I also want to get him a Genesis/MD emulator (and I wouldn't mind one for myself, too). So can anyone recommend a good one? I figure if it's near 100% on the GP32, the more powerful DC should be right up there, too. Which one's the fastest and with a good compatibility rate? Can anyone help me?

The only emulator to run at 100% with sound is illegal and not commonly shared in the DC community, I'll let you do your own digging for it.

However it's been a while since I checked out the DC scene so you may want to visit www.dcemu.co.uk and see if they can help you, their emulator descriptions usually give a run down of the performance and what not.

unfortunatley, once that illegal emu came out and made the rounds, all work on LEGAL MD/genesis emus for the DC pretty much came to a crashing halt. So now you have one emu that is very hard to find and just as hard to get working, and a bunch of unfinished emu's that will probably stay unfinished for ever.

The emu was actually stolen FROM Sega, hence why it is illegal and very hard to come by, but it's out there. It works okay, the sound is horrible, and a lot of games don't work, but the games that do usually work perfectly.

Haha, lol, never heard of that, SEGA made an emu for the DC that got stolen? That`s funny!

Haha, lol, never heard of that, SEGA made an emu for the DC that got stolen? That`s funny!

It wasn't an exclusive emulator, it was the system used to run the megadrive games included in the Sega Smash pack officially released for the DC.

Someone simply ripped it from the code and made a few modifications, which is why it's illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only emulator to run at 100% with sound is illegal and not commonly shared in the DC community, I'll let you do your own digging for it.

However it's been a while since I checked out the DC scene so you may want to visit www.dcemu.co.uk and see if they can help you, their emulator descriptions usually give a run down of the performance and what not.
omfg, its called segagen
its not illegal to mention it
everyone on the dcemulation forum is so gay about it
sound quality not too good, but the speed rocks
and the compatibilty isn't too bad with hacks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back