Dbh Featured On Noisefestival.com

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
Hi all (not sure this is the right place to post this, but hope you lot don't mind either way ;))

In my attempts to market myself as a creative designer after finishing uni (and to get a job) I have been chosen from the many people that submitted work to be part of the online showcase on the NOISEFESTIVAL (arts festival for creative talent).

However there are LOADS of people on there and if I am to get any recognition I need to atleast get noticed (whats the point in being in the gallery if your not going to get noticed eh?).

This is where I need help from my fellow friends :)

Basically I just want you to vote for me for liking my work, but I want to tell you about my work rather than just wanting YOUR vote.

This is what you will be voting for (basically my dissertation that I made in uni):

I created a 360 degree panorama viewer in shockwave 3D to display a pre-rendered stereographic movie.

So think of QuickTime VR but instead of having a still image you are viewing a movie, and you can move the mouse to look around and stuff while it plays around you.

The movie I created was rendered in stereographic red/cyan format. So if you have seen IMAX 3D films before I basically made a 360 degree movie that plays around you and can be viewed using the red/cyan glasses on a computer screen.

This was NO easy task because to create a stereographic panorama movie in 3D Studio MAX you have to render every degree of rotation! and you have to do it twice! (to get the stereo effect you need to render a image for each eye).

So basically in 3D Studio MAX I rendered out 720 cameras (1 for each degree and twice)!!!! I had to write a DOS batch program to assist me in actually getting the rendering done (via 3dsmax command line).

For a 30 second clip I had 540720 images that needed to be composited into 750 frames.

To top this off there were no batch programs out there on the net that knew how to sort through my rendered material. So I had to write a front end DOS batch application (for a DOS mosaicing tool) that would sift through those files and know how to make a complete a frame from every 750 image strips etc...

Luckily for me this actually worked out well.

So if you wish I would greatily appreciate it if you would vote for me via the following link:

gallery on NOISEFESTIVAL

So if you liked my GP2X renders and other random stuff I post look for the "vote for Nicholas" bit at the bottom and just click the link that says "Help Nicholas make it to the front page".

Oh and if your interested in my stuff (another shameless plug) please check out my online portfolio:

http://nicholas.piresonline.com

So im hoping if I do get some recognition, maybe a prospective employer might contact me etc and I can get somewhere (ala games industry) or something in new media.

THANK YOU !!!! (and if you actually read all of my post a even bigger thanks lol)

Nice work. There was one thing that shocked me at first, though, when I visited your page: the "NPD" text on your front page. In germany this stands for a right-wing-party, better known as Neo-Nazis. :huh:

Digitalrat posted on Oct 9 2006 at 11:07 AM said:
Nice work. There was one thing that shocked me at first, though, when I visited your page: the "NPD" text on your front page. In germany this stands for a right-wing-party, better known as Neo-Nazis. :huh:
That's "NPO", as in 'Nicholas Pires Online'. You know, it is said that one sees what they want ;)

Btw, this should be in Offtopic.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right. Could be misinterpreted, though. (look at me :p) I just wanted to warn him before he gets a bad image.

Heh you know what I also noticed you can vote more than once, I think its every hour or so :p (will give people who post in spam forum something constructive to do with their day ;))

*press vote button again*

tihihi :lol:

Back