Davesclassics/vg-network

...Well, do you?

• Yes, it's as good as ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it's the only regular source of news (but it has gone down-hill)

• No, not anymore

• No, not for years

• DavesClassics??? :blink:

• Total voters

pubjoe

Website
Visit site
OK, it took me a long time to actually give up on this website. A lot of the original fans stopped keeping track long ago.

I can remember the days of first discovering emulation with this site. Back when system 16 had just come out and I had the joy of playing the arcade Space Harrier!!! (without sound) and getting the latest sound files working with the command-only version of MAME.

Anyway the site has changed many times since then and even though it's nice to see that it still gets regular updates, the far-too-many-annoying pop-ups have at long last destroyed it. (Now to read any more than the first few, meaningless words of a news item, you have to click 'read more' causing 2 pop-ups, then click back causing another 2 pop-ups). This has finally become far too much and makes it impossible for a quick browse.

But, the worst thing (imo) that has been bugging me for a while about the site is the pathetic quality of news posting. Months on end, the site will only update with Mame32 v80 r3 (nomame v.12) kind of stuff. And then have the amazing stupidity to constantly slag of their practically only source of news: "Multiple Arcade MAhjong Emulator". OK the the Mahjong's are boring updates, but full credit to the MAME team for carrying on relentlessly to archive EVERY SINGLE (yes that means mahjong too!) videogame after all these years. It's not their fault that there's bugger-all else left to emulate.

I'd like to see the moron news posters come-up with an emulator between them that supports 5000+ games.

Anyway, I'd better stop their, what do you lot think?

Last edited by a moderator:
It also was my first daily emulation site... after it got pretty bad, I switched to Zophar.net.
I never visited again after they changed their old nice design to the ugly white one...

What was the racist thing?

gp32x is the only site i vist every day, I couldnt imagine it getting crappy.

What was the racist thing?

gp32x is the only site i vist every day, I couldnt imagine it getting crappy.
Like I said: an entire section of the forums was dedicated to some guy so he could post his political opinion (he also moderated it). I don't know if it's still there, if it is you can't miss it. I protested it, first because a gaming forum is not the place for political campaining and second because I figured you won't dedicate an entire section of a forum to an extremist unless you support his ideas.
Really a shame, it used to be a good site a looooooooong time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back