Davec Dpad Mods Still Available?

naples39

So are these things still available from anywhere? I was planning on ordering from gp2x.de as soon as the mk1 units were back in stock, but now the item is no longer listed.

sensible GP32 posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:27 PM said:
i think i read ED has ran out and dave is making some more

I thought that was the case, but I became concerned because once it was listed as 'out of stock,' which would lead to that obvious conclusion. Since then however, the listings were entirely removed making me wonder if DaveC was indeed making more.

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:28 PM said:
Anyone have pics of the outcome?

Of course:

dpadeddl6.jpg

I may get one myself once they're available again ...

I just got my modded GP2X back and it's brilliant. I had problems with diagonals and moving left was always a struggle but now it's completely responsive. The pad actually feels more natural than the buttons :)

I'm very happy with this mod. Many thanks to both ED and DaveC. Also: it looks better in real life than it does in the picture.

There is going to be massive demand for these... looks sweet and removes the final annoyance with these otherwise fantastic systems.

Ed - can we pre-order?

PS Time for a sweep-stake. Given that GPH started using caps not dissimilar to DaveC's once they proved popular, when do you think GPH will start making new systems with a D-Pad.

I'm betting on July 07. :D

andyB911 posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:56 PM said:
There is going to be massive demand for these... looks sweet and removes the final annoyance with these otherwise fantastic systems.

Ed - can we pre-order?

PS Time for a sweep-stake. Given that GPH started using caps not dissimilar to DaveC's once they proved popular, when do you think GPH will start making new systems with a D-Pad.

I'm betting on July 07. :D

knowing GP/GPH im beting july 2020

I hope those D-pads are better than my DS Lite one. IE, that can make diagonals without any problem. The DS Lite on is ok for anything that don't require Diagonal except that when you need diagonals.. its pain in the ass.

I too are looking forward this... Let see when ED will have more !

paxl13

We (DaveC and me) hope to get more soon... they were out of stock within two days.

Today I managed to include a stick click at the bottom of the unit. :)

Will post pictures later :)

EvilDragon posted on Feb 9 2007 at 08:36 AM said:
We (DaveC and me) hope to get more soon... they were out of stock within two days.

:blink: :D

Okay, Okay.... being in Canada I imagine the time and cost to send to you ED will be large. Is there anyone in the U.S. or Canada willing to do this mod for North Americans?? The demand for this mod is going to be huge since all the reviews have been glowing.

EvilDragon posted on Feb 9 2007 at 04:36 PM said:

Are these the same as the D-pad on the N-Gage QD? They look exactly like the NGQD's pad...

Back