D2X

Lao Rebel

i cannot run Decent1&2. there are no install.txt as stated in documentation. where do i put these data files? do i create a folder for Decent1 and another folder for Descent2? someone please instruct me on this

If you run any pnd it will create its appdata folder. But if you really want to create them manually they are d1x and d2x.

Put the original data in those folders.

If you run any pnd it will create its appdata folder. But if you really want to create them manually they are d1x and d2x.

Put the original data in those folders.

i ran it, but the only folder it created was d2x. i don't see any d1x. i will create them manually. now, do i put everything in these folders or just the HOG files? i know that in quake 2, all i needed was the PAK file

theres a different pnd for d1x

d1x:

descent.hog descent.pig

d2x:

alien1.pig alien2.pig descent2.ham descent2.hog descent2.s11 descent2.s22 fire.pig groupa.pig ice.pig intro-h.mvl other-h.mvl robots-h.mvl water.pig

Thanks for the list pickle and I just wanted to update this with what I found. I have an orig CC 256 Pandora, so may not be needed on newer pandoras. I also put this comment on repo too!

Only flaw I saw was when I initially copied the files from my GOG install, the video had bad stuttering, but game play was perfect. I since found that I dug deeper and found the *L.MVL files. I put those into the directory renamed as the *H.MVL and video is now perfect as well.

So to clarify the intro-h.mvl and other-h.mvl were the slow video. I didn't find an issue with smaller robots-h.mvl file. I copied the intro-l.mvl and other-l.mvl and renamed them to intro-h.mvl and other-h.mvl and now the game is perfect for me.

Thanks again pickle

I'm getting an:

"ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured

Bus error"

at the descent II screen before the menu pops up... I'm currently on SuperZaxxon final.

Hooka maybe your data is an older release and needs to be patched? I would look into the DXX docs and look to see if a specific version is required and compare it to yours.

I'm using pickles version... I'll check the version # and redownload the .pnd just incase :)

*shrugs* fooled again by a broken .pnd I'm gonna learn to keep my mouth shut until I've redownloaded the .pnd like 50 times... what took me off guard about it this time is that I did d/l the pnd on my pc so I assumed it wasn't broken...

Back