Crashing Videos?

abigsmurf

Thought I'd create a thread to seperate out this issues (pleeeease don't turn this into another Quake troubleshooting thread). Who else is experiencing extremely unreliable playback then?

Most videos crash for me within a minute of starting, I'm not entirely sure this is a battery issue either as I've tried it with fresh batteries and still get the crashing.

I've only experienced this problem when the batteries are running low... which is surprisingly often. The GP2X certainly does eat thought batteries. I'm sure this is some way connected to video playback - because it doesn't seem the most stable part of the console's OS.

I have read that some of the problem resides in the ext port is constantly sending signals even though it isnt in use.

is there some way a person could close that curcuit or jump two or three pins to make it stop?

just a thought

I can't even see a video, can :( anyone let me know where I can find one that will definately work.

I have change my batteries now to some nice new Duracell Ultra's, and I haven't had one system crash - SD access has speeded up no end :D

Probably imaginig it as well, but seems to boot quicker as well.

Im no electrical engineer but i would be interested in sticking a amp meter between a power supply and the unit, then run a video and see what the load is...

I do feel it is a power drain issue.

Anyone know what is positive on the dc socket...?

After using it for a while yesterday the batts got really warm...I also think that using the usb connection really hits the batts too.

I wonder if you can change the setting of the mplayer on the gp2x like you can MPlayer for linux (Ive heard thats what the gp2x's player is based on) if so it wouldnt be hard to change the path to codecs or options on playing the videos. Maybe this would fix some of the audio syncing problems in Xvid.

Back