Hardware Cracked Casing

Vachidra

Still Fresh
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so please bear with me, but my Pandora recently developed a crack in the casing along the hinge, if it turns out repairs are necessary do you still offer repairs on open pandora units, and if so how can I get them?

Thank you.

I'm located in the USA, I have mailed my Pandora to Germany to get repairs before, but it's been a few years now since I did it so I could stand to be refreshed on the procedure.

Break.jpg

This is the break, is it serious enough to need repairs?

Ouch !
If it rips apart, you can damage your LCD ribbon cable.
I'd suggest you to let your unit open until it get a new case.

Ask @Link, he may have some spare parts. He's in Vermont (unless he moved).

Last edited:
That does look quite bad. I was going to post as say that my unit's got breaks at the corners, one of the tabs on the battery cover missing, past of the lid where it clips together at the hinge is missing, but nothing quite as bad as your crack. But that said, it's not the side the cable goes through, so shouldn't cause any problems if you use it sparingly and carefully - if the lid detaches comepletly you risk tearing the LCD cable or wrenching it from it's socket. I would get it repaired personally.

Well, so far it still works fine, but if I do need repairs what exactly can I do? it's been a few years since it needed repairs so I can't remember what exactly to do.

I think this needs case replacement, if that is not an viable option ( which is very likely considering it involves shipping to and from, between USA and Germany ) you may try to use some adhesive tapes to support and hold the parts in place so that it doesn't break more.

I have had it shipped to Germany twice before for repairs, you probably remember the old problem with the LCD screen, so I would be willing to do it again if necessary.

Thanks for the link, So how does this work? I buy this and they give you like a shipping label or something?

I'd disassemble it personally, and order or ask around for a replacement part.
As the LCD cables are out of production please be extra super careful with that. I too am still hoping on a restock of those .

The LCD cable being out of production causing it to be a bit of a rare item is exactly why I sent mine back to Germany for case replacement instead of doing it myself. I likely could have done it successfully, but even a small chance of damaging the LCD cable made me nervous.

I have had it shipped to Germany twice before for repairs, you probably remember the old problem with the LCD screen, so I would be willing to do it again if necessary.

Thanks for the link, So how does this work? I buy this and they give you like a shipping label or something?

The description in the link gives you full instructions including that to include in the box and what not to include, and the address to send it to. I'm afraid you'll need to pay for the appropriate level of postage and insurance for the you->ed link of the journey at least.

Back