Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the same in you country ?
Will it be the same in you country ?

If you go to alibaba/aliexpress you can buy masks, we had volunteers buy masks in bulk (don't know which Chinese supplier) because our government was slow. I'm no expert so these internet-buyable masks might not be completely suitable, but it appears countries are swamped due to all the failing processes and are late with using any alternatives.
It almost looks like you can see the slow decision making: "we should buy masks, but not these because they are to expensive due to the price spike", then "we don't have masks and we can't get any from our supplier", "we'll take anything that looks like a mask", "we'll make them ourselves!". And you see this with all kind of decisions, procrastinating until it's to late. Surely because these things never happened before, but you see all countries learn the same harsh lessons the hard way.

Is any noticing that their news is only focused on their own country?
When this all started it was all about China, then Italy, then France and Germany. Now I only hear something if a new record is broken, otherwise it's silent.
And it feels we approach the issue the same way, everybody is swamped and not helping out other countries.

Is it mentioned if any other countries are helping France?

I think they are avoiding a lockdown for financial economic reasons, like finishing off some older people so they don’t have to pay pensions.

Maybe is not for a so cruel reason... here, under the lockdown, many companies are quitting, because them are not able to pay people without working... we are losing some big factories here... at the end of the lockdown there will be a LOT of people without work, and there will be also LESS openings for jobs...

Not working factories can't pay taxes, but still the State is paying to sustain a lot of people that now can't work... it's a total chain reaction

As far as I know, all the countries are fighting each others to be able to help Italy, everyone wants to help Italy... and this is cool and all, but I suppose they already have their own issues with the virus too...

Here, at the beginning of the spread, the newspapers and television spoke about the virus like 24Hrs a day, updating the dead counter like every day... my parents were scared as hell, like half of the country... there were many suicides in fear of the virus, and other internal fights, also a lot of people got into depression...

Only then, the mass media started to apology for the fear bombs they were shouting everyday, and started a very long campaign to say to not have fear, just wash hands, and that sort of stuff.

Information is good to have, but it must be done in the correct way.

I think brazil sent help to italy in the form of masks and lung ventilation systems some 4 days ago. Still , these actions are taking very little space on the press. I also read today that south africa has 1k cases and 1 death, that seems VERY small considering the location and its relationship with other nations, specially the ports.

My mother has been tested positively, she's got all the heavy flu symptoms. She's a doctor and has most likely been infected by a colleague who was on vacation in Austria. Despite the colleague having had to adhere to a rule keeping her away from work for 14 days, she instead went to hospital without a care. Because of the long incubation time, it's almost safe to say that my father has been infected, too. He's not showing symptoms at this time, and I hope that it will stay this way.

Sorry to hear that. I'm waiting for a direct report and I want to say to you that they have to be extremely careful, even after the crisis.
This is what I can tell you so far, I still don't have the exact timeline:
A 30 year old guy caught it, he was sick. He was tested positive, they told him to stay home.
He went better, then suddenly had difficulties to breath. They called an ambulance.
He was dead before arriving at the hospital.

My mother has been tested positively, she's got all the heavy flu symptoms. She's a doctor and has most likely been infected by a colleague who was on vacation in Austria. Despite the colleague having had to adhere to a rule keeping her away from work for 14 days, she instead went to hospital without a care. Because of the long incubation time, it's almost safe to say that my father has been infected, too. He's not showing symptoms at this time, and I hope that it will stay this way.
Please translate and read this @kuru, this is exactly what happened to the 30 yo guy. They have to be even more careful when they got better:

Yes @Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back