Could someone try Sqrxz?

emphyrio

Could someone with a 1ghz pandora try Sqrxz? I've got a strange problem on mine: the jump-button doesn't work.

No problems with sqrxz2 or sqrxz3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem. I believe it is because it was written to use the nubs in a mode that no longer exists on the new kernel.

Shouldnt have anything do with the nubs. Pushing up may do jump.

Could be the build is on older source before a jump button was added. I will try my copy.

Just tried sqrxz on rebirth edition, super zaxxon. Could not find jump, on dpad up, abxy or keyboard.

Yeah, it's just something that changed in superzaxxon's firmware, from what I've heard the source is fixed, somebody just needs to recompile it and make a new PND then upload it to the repo *nudge nudge*

I quitted Sqrxz.

I opened appdata/sqrxz/sqrxz.cfg and changed the key codes accordingly.

But it had no effect.

I quitted Sqrxz again and I opened appdata/sqrxz/sqrxz.cfg again and realized that it was overwritten with the un-useable keycodes again.

Likely a script in the PND or the Sqrxz executable itself, which overwrites the config file to its defaults at each invocation.

Informed maintainer Pickle via IM. Hopefully he can fix it.

from /tmp/pndrun_sqrxz.out:

./runsqrxz.sh: line 6: /proc/pandora/game_button_mode: No such file or directory

Content of runsqrxz.sh:

#!/bin/bash

# copy default data to appdata folder

cp -r --no-clobber default/* .

echo 2 > /proc/pandora/game_button_mode # gamepad mode

./sqrxz_pnd -fs

echo 1 > /proc/pandora/game_button_mode # keyboard mode

Problem: The new kernel does not use "/proc/pandora/game_button_mode" anymore and so the ABXY are not set to the ABXY-joystick-button-mode that the game uses.

porg was rather close to the solution. The problem is to find the right key-names. If you enter wrong once then they will be overwritten with default-settings. My first working try was to set

Code:
k_jump=i

k_fire=o

k_start=u

These settings will not be overwritten. And I can jump with "i" and the key "o" will pause the game. I wonder if that's the normal behavior, but probably it is.

Now it would be nice to know codes for ABXY-keys. "Home" and "End" for A and B do not work. Also i installed "xev" by running "opkg install xev" as root. "xev" shows you keycodes for the buttons you press (fn, then alt+4 quits). "110" and "115" didn't work either. Neither did "83" or the key-numbers shown at http://pandorawiki.org/Keyboard.

At the moment I do not manage to solve this. But if you set the keys to what is shown above, then you at least have a work-around.

I once noted these OpenPandora Keycodes.

UPDATE: The source seems to be http://pandorawiki.org/Keyboard#Keycodes

AXE_UP 273

AXE_DOWN 274

AXE_LEFT 276

AXE_RIGHT 275

A 278

B 279

Y 280

START 308

SELECT 306

L 303

R 305

The problem as previously described is, that the values in the .cgf file get overwritten.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far no-one found a solution to fix this.

Mere appdata hacking is not enough, this requires PND manipulation.

So far I have just set P to be jump so that it is at least playable. It would be nice if it got fixed, though.

I notified a maintainer named Kojote via feedback of the app's repo page.

In the boards there is no user named Kojote, otherwise I would have notified him/her via PM.

I now notify Pickle, as he seems to be involved somehow.

@All: I just PM-ed Kojote on the German forums.

@Pickle: Thanks!

Maybe co-ordinate with Kojote to avoid double efforts.

Sorry, I just saw your answer after I PM-ed Kojote.

The hardcoded A button for jumping works fine. Thanks!

I wonder though why the game now has 1.5MB instead of previously 1MB.

Back