Cool Gadgets

GizmoTheGreen

Found some stuff on a jap import page:

USB Speaker:
http://www.geekstuff4u.com/audio-video/speakers/elecom-ms-77w-usb-powered-speaker.html

Thumb memory (Yakuza Style)
http://www.geekstuff4u.com/thumb-usb-memory-1gb.html

And a bettery drainer :p
http://www.geekstuff4u.com/gadgets/usb/thanko-usb-warm-gloves-black-ii.html

And all of a sudden the site is down?
Anyway, what are you going to buy/have bought?

GizmoTheGreen said:
I can recommend that speaker, It's very loud and even on full volume the battery lasts for 5 hours or so :)
Which one, the cheap one or the really expensive Sony one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, since we have a great audio out for the pandora, I'll only use speakers with 3.5mm jack or tulip connectors (so a TVout cable).
If I find a cheap 3G plan, I'll get a 3G dongle.

i'm planning on getting the x-mini 2 for all my improved portable audio needs. a friend of mine had it when we went on a trip to manchester, we used it on his laptop and it was astonishingly loud

rabidpoobear said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
I can recommend that speaker, It's very loud and even on full volume the battery lasts for 5 hours or so :)

The Sony Ericsson MBS-100

GizmoTheGreen said:
rabidpoobear said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

if you want something even better, and arent too worried about them being a little bigger then i recommend the fiio s9.
xna1240626123.jpg

they weigh a tonne though.

gibberish said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
rabidpoobear said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

if you want something even better, and arent too worried about them being a little bigger then i recommend the fiio s9.
xna1240626123.jpg

they weigh a tonne though.
i have x-mini and a x-mini 2.
If this speaker you mentioned is louder and better quality, i buy it. im searching for a good speaker for a good price, thats portable.(can be bigger then my pockets)

What about headphones? Why does everyone need speakers for something that's portable? A good pair of headphones will sound infinitely better than what any of these speakers could possibly sound like. If you want to listen to proper speakers, you have a computer, with speakers attached to it. When you're out in public, a speaker wouldn't be very appropriate. I could see in SOME instances where it may be useful, but not enough that everyone in this post should just jump on it. :/

Anyway, just the charger, case, headphones, SD cards, iphone for 3G access... can't think of anything else.

It is possible to spend prolonged periods of time in places of accommodation which don't have a computer or a Hi-Fi system. When it comes to this it becomes useful, especially if you are not alone, to have some portable speakers to go with.

borgqueenx said:
i have x-mini and a x-mini 2.
If this speaker you mentioned is louder and better quality, i buy it. im searching for a good speaker for a good price, thats portable.(can be bigger then my pockets)
Eh, if I wanted one of these I'd just buy a 4-6" full-range driver for like $20 from Parts-Express and build a mono amp and stick them in a box with an A/C plug, I guarantee it'd sound infinitely better than any of these other speakers and you could make it match your Pandora.

Also, I don't get why they waste time making some of these things stereo, it's not like the speakers are far enough apart to have any sort of separation. You might as well have a bigger, better-quality full-range driver and just mux the channels together.

Back