GP32 Contiki Ports

This is fairly old... I don't think it's being worked on much anymore. Contiki is IMHO useless as an OS considering it only comes with a couple of apps. Neat port, but if anything it's for the Internet (coming with a web browser). I guess if Contiki itself updates to include more applications, the GP32 port might have more use, but at the moment there are only a limited number of internal apps.

Contiki does have a web server tho, so if you adapted the ext port to fit and rj45 u could have websites hosted on a gp32.

jlebrech posted on May 19 2004 at 02:57 PM said:
Contiki does have a web server tho, so if you adapted the ext port to fit and rj45 u could have websites hosted on a gp32.
yeah and if you plug a WIFI adapter, you have a mobile website on ur gp32!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason id like contiki is for the weeb browser and the VNC

it be nice if some1 striped the html code out of contiki (very easy) and made it so we can read HTML ebook or html files dont care about images it be nice to actually read some news thats in html

:ph34r:

NiN^_^NiN posted on May 20 2004 at 02:11 AM said:
The only reason id like contiki is for the weeb browser and the VNC

it be nice if some1 striped the html code out of contiki (very easy) and made it so we can read HTML ebook or html files dont care about images it be nice to actually read some news thats in html

good idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let u know I have played around with contiki to get it on the gp32 (not really a programmer) and i couldnt get it to workout but i found out that the GP32 files in the CSV tree are old and wont work.

The reason it was stopped was cause contiki was being updated alot of the time but I think now he's not gonna bother to port it to the gp32.

I can't quite remember if he sayed he wont do it or not but i'v been bugging him over a year about it ;)

so its best someone trys a fresh start.

Also as i have looked at the code all things like html browser email client and VNC are seperated from the main OS code so its easy to make them run on the gp32 without porting all of the OS.

But you guys forget that this OS is made for a c64 it wasnt made for powerful handhelds it was made to run on the pc with the least specs available.

hence why that c64 atari lynx nes etc have or are supposed to have ports of it.

Back