Compo4All Trash Talk, Tips & Tricks, Discussions, Etc.

Jumpman

Advanced Member
I figured this thread is long over due, so I'll start the party :D

I was finally able to reclaim my Frogger crown, but I'm still working on that Ghost n' Goblins top spot(Traylorpark, I'm looking at you).

Let's keep the trash talk clean and friendly. I also figured this would be a good area to dispense advice for those who need some help in certain games, as long as others are willing to give it. Some might not want to help the competition, which is completely understandable :p

Let's Get Ready To RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!

Chris

Hey Nooowwwww.  This is my kind of thread!  Congrats, Chris.  For now.   ;)  

Asmo is a tough competitor and I think that I'm finally getting back to my original playing weight, so maybe I'll be vying for that top stop as well...

GAME ON!

*!#?*, as QBert would probably say.

I see Mr Loon is launching a concerted attempt to outfrog the opposition now.

Many amphibians will perish in the coming days.

What's with Donkey Kong? Billy Mitchell clone himself and is playing with four hands on a Pandora now?

Perhaps slightly off topic, but is there a maintained list of actual rom-zip names used in Compo4all?  Maybe my stupidity but I can't determine if I have a bad dump or the incorrect rom (i.e. clone) for games not working for me. 

Thanks in advance

Twiitcher

Perhaps slightly off topic, but is there a maintained list of actual rom-zip names used in Compo4all?  Maybe my stupidity but I can't determine if I have a bad dump or the incorrect rom (i.e. clone) for games not working for me. 

Thanks in advance

Twiitcher
Good question.  I'm not entirely sure... 

You can go to the website http://c4a.openpandora.org/  to see the list of available games.  The games that are on there also run in PanMAME...and your rom-set needs to be version 0.106 I believe...

Edit 1 :  I may have been  :ph34r: 'd  by Chris... not sure.   :p  

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread Jumpman, am loving the competition on Frogger, was hoping to reclaim the crown today but it looks like I'd better get back in training :)

@ Twiitcher : To find the zip name of the rom look at the web address of the hiscore page for that particular rom.

e.g. for black tiger the page is http://c4a.openpandora.org/#/blktiger so the rom is blktiger.zip etc.

Was also wondering if we should have a separate forum section for C4A stuff? We could have individual threads for games tips / smack talk / boasting etc. A thread for requests, one for UI updates, one to report suspect scores, a sticky for competitions etc.

I know there are plenty of sections to the boards already but C4A brings a lot to the Pandora and it would be a shame to lose potential competitors due to a lack of prominence on the forum.

Thanks folks, I should be all set now. Appreciate the speedy responses. 

Twiitcher - probably not gonna make many hiscore tables :)  

Nice thread Jumpman, am loving the competition on Frogger, was hoping to reclaim the crown today but it looks like I'd better get back in training :)

Was also wondering if we should have a separate forum section for C4A stuff? We could have individual threads for games tips / smack talk / boasting etc. A thread for requests, one for UI updates, one to report suspect scores, a sticky for competitions etc.

I know there are plenty of sections to the boards already but C4A brings a lot to the Pandora and it would be a shame to lose potential competitors due to a lack of prominence on the forum.
Me and several others had mentioned a "Trash Talk" area for awhile, and the other few threads where getting off topic with talk of everything else, so I figured this was due.

A dedicated forum would be cool, as then users could post trash, questions, tips, ect in the "frogger", or "Ms Pacman", threads specifically, so other who aren't interested in those games won't have to go through pages looking for specific game info. Depending on how many games get added, or how many users are actually participating, this could be good or bad. Let's see what others think, and then act accordingly. Like always, I'm just looking to do what's best for competition and interest levels, so what ever keeps the gamers coming, I'm all for it(I just don't want to push anyone away).

Back on topic, I need to extend my Frogger score, as it's not far enough out of reach for my comfort level. This game gets very brutal, very quickly. I actually beat Asmo's score with my first life last night, and then threw my extra lives away within seconds once the level ramped up and I lost my rhythm. With GnG, I'm consistently playing further most games, but I just need to maximize my score per levels. This game is very random, and everything needs to be just right for me to get that top score, but I'm getting there.

Chris

I figured this thread is long over due, so I'll start the party :D

I was finally able to reclaim my Frogger crown, but I'm still working on that Ghost n' Goblins top spot(Traylorpark, I'm looking at you).

Let's keep the trash talk clean and friendly. I also figured this would be a good area to dispense advice for those who need some help in certain games, as long as others are willing to give it. Some might not want to help the competition, which is completely understandable :p

Let's Get Ready To RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!

Chris
Well, I wish they'd put on city Connection and Crazy Climber.  Then I could kick everyone's butt!

But, oh well...more stuff on there, nothing I was looking for....sigh

Still waiting on the new UI, anyway...that should be cool.

Is Microbes too hard for mere mortals?
I'm an immortal and I like microbes.

I will be playing Microbes on C4A by preference when I find a quiet moment!

I'll try to give you a run for your money _wb_...

I will add my game Rescue to C4A shortly.  I need to make a few changes first.

And I'm watching you through binoculars, from the top of this mountain! B)  

I'm building a tower on this mountain.

Great fucking thread. We really need this.

Chris, your friendly sportsmanship attitude is great and keeps these competitions fun.

Actually, our boards need a "gaming area" to discuss those experiences the Pandora bests facilitates.

Well, I've added a little feature to The Tournament Hub UI - that when any of you lot play, it'll double your score before submitting... You might have a chance to catch up to me then ;)

Looks like the frogger training is starting to pay off. :)

Might even get that elusive extra life one day!

Bring it on!

Looks like the frogger training is starting to pay off. :)

Might even get that elusive extra life one day!

Bring it on!
Damn, maybe starting this thread wasn't the best idea, it's pushing members to perform better :D , I can't have that!

Now it looks like I need some training(which sucks, because I've got real work I need to be doing today) :p

Consider it brought!

Chris

Tips and tricks? There's one part in Tyrian where the screen doesn't advance until you shoot a certain turret which spams missiles... you can go on killing those missiles to wildly increase your score close to the point of an overflow, or so I read.

Edit: can't we submit scores while tethered via BT?

Back