Caanoo / WIZ Compiling Qt For Wiz

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Since I don't have a Caanoo, I started messing with compiling Qt for the Wiz.

Steps taken so far:

added GPH_SDK_WIZ/tools/gcc-4.0.2-glibc-2.3.6/arm-linux/bin/ to PATH

mkspec/qws/linux-arm-g++/qmake.conf as is.

./configure -embedded arm -opensource -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -big-endian -host-big-endian -prefix /mnt/sd/qt

configure goes through, it's without tslib since I had trouble getting it to recognize it.

make

and make crashes with the following:
text/qfontengine_ft.cpp: In member function 'bool QFontEngineFT::init(QFontEngine::FaceId, bool, QFontEngineFT::GlyphFormat)':
text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:708: warning: converting to 'int' from 'qreal'
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:2498: Error: register or shift expression expected -- `orr r3,r2,lsl#16'
{standard input}:2509: Error: register or shift expression expected -- `orr r2,r3,lsl#16'
{standard input}:8474: Error: register or shift expression expected -- `orr r1,r3,lsl#16'
{standard input}:8485: Error: register or shift expression expected -- `orr r3,r1,lsl#16'
make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qfontengine_ft.o] Virhe 1

the russian forums had the same error (Wiz russian, translated), but they didn't resolve it.

If anyone has any ideas, it'd be nice. I'll post updates as I go along.

Wow, I've been hoping for this for ages. Qt was compiled for Dingux also, here's the page of the dev that ported it http://www.peterbouda.de/downloads/dinguxqt.html

Hopefully it can help you out, maybe try to contact him and/or ainu for some advice. Sorry I can't help you out anymore than that but good luck, hopefully you'll get it working! :D

Damn, Google Translate sucks, I still couldn't really understand what they were saying in that thread!

I solved the bug and it compiles through without errors! :) Or rather 'I found the bug report', ha. bug report

I'll try to get a program to run on the wiz ASAP, I've transferred Qt there but I didn't manage to get any program to work yesterday. If I can do that, I'll post a copy of Qt on the beta testing forum.

This bug report should already be enough to help the russians on their way.

klikklak said:
I solved the bug and it compiles through without errors! :) Or rather 'I found the bug report', ha. bug report

I'll try to get a program to run on the wiz ASAP, I've transferred Qt there but I didn't manage to get any program to work yesterday. If I can do that, I'll post a copy of Qt on the beta testing forum.

This bug report should already be enough to help the russians on their way.

well done! i've found that bugreport, too, but didn't know if that was the exact problem. nice to see QT coming :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the russian thread was a bit skimpy on the details, but from what I understood somebody tried compiling qt over there as well and it failed with the asm error that I also got and that was fixed by the patch in the comments of the bug report. I'm having a hard time getting anything to run however, so this all could be premature.

So what exactly is QT, and what does it do for the Wiz?

Back