Commedore 64 How-to Use C64: Gpfrodo Emulator

tattooman

Website
Visit site
Has any one used the gpFrodo Emulator?
http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,10

It is different then other emulators and the demos. I never used the c64 in real life and tried to attach the directory and then try to load the demo but don't see a run button.

Am I just blind or do you need to use the virtual keyboard to type it?

Please keep in mind that I don't have the chat board as well.

I did find on the Author's website you can use their patches here:

http://dexy.mine.nu/gp32/frodo/patcher.php

However this could take up a lot of disk space as it suggests. I tired searching the from and there is nothing, any help would be cool....

taras posted on May 11 2005 at 05:56 PM said:
There should be a load command somewhere in the emulator, but if not then Shift + Run/Stop.

I see by using the virtual keyboard... ANy other suggestions any one? Has any one else here used htis emulator before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you being serious?

You access the menu buy pressing one of the buttons. Can't remember which one - but once you get the menu up you can set which button it is :). I can't believe you didn't try to press all the buttons! I think it is START or SELECT...

Sorry, reread your post -

There are twi options in the menu:
Load first program
Load d64/dir browser

http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/gp32emu/faq/frodo.htm

Jarska333 posted on May 12 2005 at 08:59 AM said:
Not all progs work, unfortunately. I got Ghostbusters to run. :)

"E slmi mg!" Slightly worse digitize than the original, IIRC. :p

Are you using the FRODO.FXE file, as that one runs more of the games?

I think it's the R or L button. I adore the C64 however, not all games are working. The emulator hasn't been updated in a long time, here's hoping that the author of the emulator will eventually release an update in the future.

LeeT posted on May 12 2005 at 11:02 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on May 12 2005 at 08:59 AM said:
Not all progs work, unfortunately. I got Ghostbusters to run. :)

"E slmi mg!" Slightly worse digitize than the original, IIRC. :p

Are you using the FRODO.FXE file, as that one runs more of the games?

So that's why there are two... frodopc.fxe, or what was it.

Most of the games are cracked which means I have major problems starting them :lol:. I did manage to get Commando working though but not the easiest of emulators to use. Btw, the START button brings up the menu.

:)

GA01 posted on May 12 2005 at 04:45 PM said:
Most of the games are cracked which means I have major problems starting them :lol:. I did manage to get Commando working though but not the easiest of emulators to use. Btw, the START button brings up the menu.

You just press SPACE to get past the crack intro's.

Jarska333 posted on May 12 2005 at 05:50 PM said:
Why problems? Did the intros the various groups used, actually utilize the c64 in such manner, that it's hard to emulate?

Not hard to emulate, just hard to enter the game :lol:. I get as far as their intro's and that's as far as I get. I hit as many keys as I can, sometimes I can enter the game, most of the time not.

GA01 posted on May 12 2005 at 05:02 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on May 12 2005 at 05:50 PM said:
Why problems? Did the intros the various groups used, actually utilize the c64 in such manner, that it's hard to emulate?

Not hard to emulate, just hard to enter the game :lol:. I get as far as their intro's and that's as far as I get. I hit as many keys as I can, sometimes I can enter the game, most of the time not.

How long are you waiting between the crack intro and the actual game? Sometimes it takes up to thirty seconds...

pea posted on May 11 2005 at 10:08 PM said:
Are you being serious?

You access the menu buy pressing one of the buttons. Can't remember which one - but once you get the menu up you can set which button it is :). I can't believe you didn't try to press all the buttons! I think it is START or SELECT...

Sorry, reread your post -

There are twi options in the menu:
Load first program
Load d64/dir browser

http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/gp32emu/faq/frodo.htm

Despite your sarcasim thanka for the URL wiht the walkthrough that is wht I need.

LeeT posted on May 12 2005 at 06:01 PM said:
You just press SPACE to get past the crack intro's.

Isn't button A or B mapped to space? Maybe I'm thinking of a different emulator.

LeeT posted on May 12 2005 at 07:15 PM said:
How long are you waiting between the crack intro and the actual game? Sometimes it takes up to thirty seconds...

Usually a couple of minutes. I must be doing something really stupid :unsure:.

Back